• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Northern Rock asks for Bank help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Rock asks for Bank help

The Northern Rock applies to the Bank of England for emergency financial support, the BBC learns.

Click here to read more...

Re: Northern Rock asks for Bank help

Do you think the BofE will bail me out if I ask them nicely enough
    muggins73:crazy:

Comment

Nope

Shame for Northern Rock... My mortgage is with them. Luckily I got a fixed rate for 5 years, just in case the buggers think of putting their rates up to cover their dilema

Comment

Ah well worth a try!!!

Not so much of a shame for them but more of a shame for you poor buggers out there that have mortgages with 'em. They'll no doubt bounce back and failing that start afresh under a new trading name, whilst in the interim folks possibly lose their homes.
        muggins73:crazy:

Comment

Northern Rock given emergency bail out by Bank

Northern Rock became the first high profile British victim last night of the crisis that has swept credit markets, after admitting that it has received a financial bail out from the Bank of England.

More...

Comment

Re: Northern Rock given emergency bail out by Bank

Message from Norhtern Rock this morning " Don't Panic"

Comment

Hmmm yes well, I think my OH has a jitter ot two as his mortgage is with them.

Comment

Banks watch for Northern fallout

Markets will closely watch banking shares after Northern Rock was forced to take a loan from the Bank of England.

Click here to read more...

Comment

Re: Banks watch for Northern fallout

I hope they took PPI with this loan, you never know the minute do you lol!!!

Comment

Any idea if people with mortgages need to be worried?

Comment

They're saying not, but then, they would say that

I've got a mortgage with them, I'm not too worried at the moment. I'll be watching the situation carefully though.

Comment

Yes it's sad, profits statement says they'll probably only make £500 million profit this year so mortgage rates will probably have to go up - bless 'em.

Comment

There's people queuing at NR brances removing all their monies! Oh dear, panic stations

Comment

Look I am sorry about this, but I really have to say it.

Apparently, NR got this loan because they are having a wee cash flow problem, obviously they have a few bills that need paying before pay day, they obviously have had to go into an overdraft situation with their bank (ie Bof E), I wonder if they are going to complain about the paid referal fees that they are gonna get charged

Also, if they pay this loan back early are they gonna have to pay a ERC?

Tut tut tut, they really should manage their finances properly

Sorry I just couldn't resist it. :roll:

Comment

Northern rock are Ejeits and I will be charging them 11.7k cause I couldnt complete today cause they refused to transfer funds to my buyer to I had to pay erc.... they may say dont panic but they failed to provid funds So im fuming my buyer is panicing
                              When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X