• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please Woolwich/Barclays **offer received**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help please Woolwich/Barclays

Hi yes,it is penalty charges forum, suspicious about offer !

Comment

Originally posted by skintkim View Post
      suspicious about offer !
      Why?

As Phoenix has said, It depends on the case.

You dont give us any details, or link, to look at.

It could be a Business claim or Credit Card claim which are carrying on as normal and arne't affected by the OFT case.

It could be a hradshio claim, in which the bank have agreed that the hardship is there and the customer has justified this.

Again, without knowing any details of the case it is entirely possible that they are getting paid out by Barclays

Comment

I did give a link ( it is on cag, suspicious offer) they said that they had not been in touch with Barclays since all cases were stayed ! Barclays just got in touch out of the blue last Friday at 5.30 pm and said a letter will be in the post to explain but their claim was to be settled. I asked the question cos I have tried to get my stay lifted on hardship but the judge did not want to know, He said that once benefits hit my bank account the credits were then MINE not the governments ! All I really wanted to know were Barclays still settling ? was it worth contacting them? and, Are the litigation team still up and running ?

Comment

Originally posted by skintkim View Post
          I have tried to get my stay lifted on hardship but the judge did not want to know, He said that once benefits hit my bank account the credits were then MINE not the governments ! All I really wanted to know were Barclays still settling ? was it worth contacting them? and, Are the litigation team still up and running ?
          Sorry to be blunt, but

If the Judge has ruled that you havent got a hardship case, Barclays arent going
          to settle with you.

Barclays are still settling, but it will be Business Claims, Credit Cards ans sucessful Hardship claims that they are settling

The litigation team will still be there, but IMO, if you phone them they are only going to look at your case notes and tell you what the Judge has ruled on your case.

Comment

sorry kim but PK is bang on with this one. your case has had it's ruling ... even if it was only to place the stay.

I can't find the specific case on cag you are referring too without a direct link to it... so it's difficult to comment on it without knowing for sure what type of case it is. but again PK is right in saying it will either be a business, credit card or confirmed hardship case (there are not many... but there are a few of these).

sorry hun, i know this is not what you want to hear!

Comment

Thats ok just thought that there might be a light at the end of this very long tunnel ! I am getting more frustrated and deeper in debt by the day. If this court case rules in our favour I will be able to sleep at night and debt free !
              Do different judges deal with this hardship clause differently depending on how they themselves view hardship?
              When I saw the Judge back in October he said because of the serverity of my charges I should be heard as soon as the OFT case is finished that is why my case for 31st January has been cancelled.

Comment

Sorry also forgot to mention over christmas I went over my overdraft with some cheques but I was not charged is this normal now or not ?

Comment

Hi kim
                  i think we're all hoping for that light at the end of the tunnel hun
                  and yes it would seem that different judges do look at hardship in different way's ...... alot of them are just afraid of the oft case i think and would rather just not deal with it at all... the hardest part is getting the bank to agree hardship, something that has been all but impossible for all but a mere handfull.

As far as not getting charged for going over your overdraft hun.... unfortunately that is only going to look good and go in the banks favor... unless the judge at your hearing stated they are no longer allowed to charge you while the waiver is in place (again this has been done a few times before).
                  I would have to advise being very careful here as the bank may well keep a tally of these amounts and if (god forbid) in the event the oft case goes their way, they may well try to charge for these later.

Sorry hun, but it really does look as though we are all still sitting in the dark here, we can only cling to the hope that the judge in the oft hearing sees fit to lift the stays already imposed on cases despite any appeals the banks and oft make... he has hinted at this... although i wouldn't hold yer breath on this one.
                  I'm still praying for a miracle on this one myself...lol

Comment

Kim, can you find the link from Penalty Charges?

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                      Kim, can you find the link from Penalty Charges?
                      Enaid did earlier Tig, will ask her to post link.

Comment

suspicious about offer - Penalty Charges Forum

There you go Tig

Comment

Kim, I see no reason not to give it a go. Try writing to Barclays giving them a final opportunity to settle your case. They can only say 'no'.

If you need any help writing it, let me know.

Comment

Thanks Amy I need all the help I can get ! It is now Wednesday and suspicious about have not posted to say they have received the letter with the banks offer yet

Comment

Give it time, Barclays are very slow at times.

Comment

No problem Kim. Post on that thread again and ask for an update and we'll take it from there.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X