• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FOI - Communities.gov.uk - Council Tax enforcement - Oct 09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOI - Communities.gov.uk - Council Tax enforcement - Oct 09

To: contactus@communities.gov.uk
    Subject: Freedom of information - Council tax
    Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 08:36:25 +0100

Sirs,

Under the Freedom of Information Act;

I should also like figures from 2005 to present detailing the number of cases from all authorities in England which non payment has resulted in a liability order.

I should also like figures from 2005 to present detailing the number of cases from all authorities in England which non payment has resulted in bailiffs being instructed.

If these are broken down by demographic that would be very helpful.

Kind regards

Sharon
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: FOI - Communities.gov.uk - Council Tax enforcement

Dear Ms Amethyst
    Thank you for your e-mail below of 23 December which was passed to the Department's FOI Advice Team.
    Our records show that your request for information of 17 October was passed to the Department's Local Government Finance team to deal with and that a response was sent to you on 19 October. I have therefore passed your chasing e-mail to the LGF team to ask them to provide you with a copy of that response.
    Regards
    Martin Harding
    FOI Advice Team
    D/06 Ashdown House
    St. Leonards on sea
    Tel: 0303 44 41025

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Re: FOI - Communities.gov.uk - Council Tax enforcement - Oct 09

Thank you for your e-mail of 17 October 2009 requesting information about the number of cases from local authorities in England since 2005 where non-payment of council tax has resulted in a liability order and the number of cases since 2005 which non-payment of council tax has resulted in bailiffs being instructed. Your request has been considered under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

I am writing to advise you that I am unable to provide you with the information you asked for as Communities and Local Government does not hold this information. However, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accounting (CIPFA), collect information relating to council tax collection and enforcement by local authorities.

You should be able to obtain the information you are seeking by contacting CIPFA. Their website is: CIPFA - The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy and their address is: 3 Robert Street, London. WC2N 6RL, Telephone: 020 7543 5700. Email: corporate@cipfa.org.uk

Communities and Local Government as an organisation aims to be as helpful as possible in the way it deals with requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004. If, however, you are not satisfied with the way in which your request has been handled or the outcome, you may request an internal review within two calendar months of the date of this letter. Information about the Department's review procedures and how to apply for an internal review of your case is contained in the enclosed leaflet. This also explains your right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision in the event that you remain dissatisfied following the authority's review

If you have any queries about this letter, please contact me.

Yours sincerely

Brian Entwistle
      #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X