• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FOI - MOJ - Enforcement of Council Tax - Oct 09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOI - MOJ - Enforcement of Council Tax - Oct 09

17 October 2009 08:41:23

Dear Sirs

In Hansard in 25th Feb 2009 Bridget Prentice stated 'The Ministry of Justice is working with the Department of Communities and Local Government to look at new ways to collect and enforce council tax,'.

I would like to request copies of communications regarding this subject between the Ministry of Justice and Department of Communities and Local Government.

I only require information which is easily searchable and retreiveable on your computer system.

Yours sincerely

Sharon
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: FOI - MOJ - Enforcement of Council Tax - Oct 09

Request for information

Thank you for your email of 17 October 2009, in which you asked for ‘copies of the communications between the Ministry of Justice and Department of Communities and Local Government regarding new ways to collect and enforce council tax’.

I wrote to you on 20 November explaining that we held some information which falls within the scope of your request, but that this information may be exempt under Section 42 (Legal professional privilege) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) and as this is a qualified exemption the department needed further time to consider the public interest.

I said that I hoped to let you have a response by 20 December 2009, but if I was unable to respond by that date I would write again explaining when I would be able to respond in full to your request.

I am able to tell you that the department does need a further period of time to complete its consideration of the public interest before deciding whether to disclose the information. Accordingly, as allowed under section 10(3) of the FOIA, I have extended the deadline for response to your request to 21 January 2010. However, if I am able to reply to you before that date I will do so.

As part of our obligations under the FOIA, the MoJ has an independent review process. If you are dissatisfied with this decision, you may write to request an internal review. The internal review will be carried out by someone who did not make the original decision, and they will re-assess how the Department handled the original request.

If you wish to request an internal review, please write or send an email to the Data Access and Compliance Unit within two months of the date of this letter, at the following address:

Ministry of Justice
    Data Access and Compliance Unit
    Information Directorate
    6th Floor,
    102 Petty France
    London
    SW1H 9AJ
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: FOI - MOJ - Enforcement of Council Tax - Oct 09

Did you ever get any responses???

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X