• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Eon - hardship fund ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eon - hardship fund ?

Does anybody know if they have one or where people in fuel poverty can get help with heating over the winter ?

Is fuel poverty still classed as spending over 10% of income on electricity ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Eon - hardship fund ?

Ame I've tried looking on the site but there's not a lot there, perhaps its worth giving them a call.
    If I get time later I'll see if I can do it hun.

Comment

I am with Eon and when I was unemployed last year, I got into serious problems in paying the gas and electricity bills. I asked at the time whether they had a Fuel Poverty Hardship and their answer was a very definite 'No' !!

Now things may have changed since, but I seriously doubt it. All they offered me was to put in an prepayment electricity meter and to shift the gas bill onto that (because I couldn't have a pre-pay gas meter). I still have the pre-pay electricity meter and the amount I owe is SLOWLY going down (it's now less than £1000 arrears).

Dunno if that helps, but this all I was ever offered.

Like any other company, they will only allow me to come off the pre-pay electricity meter once the arrears have been fully paid and will also charge me another further £50 to have the prepayment meter removed (despite the fact that they put it there in the first place for nothing).

Comment

Well wasn't it Eon who employed the lovely Mr C to chase us when we were £600 in arrears? They weren't very sympathetic.......or was that Powergen? Either way, none of them are particularly sympathetic in my experience.

Although to be fair, I have to say that British Gas have been very helpful with regards to bills and stuff in the past.
        Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
          Well wasn't it Eon who employed the lovely Mr C to chase us when we were £600 in arrears? They weren't very sympathetic.......or was that Powergen? Either way, none of them are particularly sympathetic in my experience.

Although to be fair, I have to say that British Gas have been very helpful with regards to bills and stuff in the past.

Powergen and Eon are the same company

Comment

I thought they were, but then decided they weren't and I was about to make myself look stupid lol.
            Or perhaps it was NPower?? Who knows?
            Is no longer here

Comment

Found this article, telling you where to go for help:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...und-low-income

Where to go
              British Gas/Scottish Gas Energy Trust
              Telephone 01733 421060 or go to http://www.britishgasenergytrust.org...2003.11.08.pdf
              EDF Energy Trust Telephone 01733 421060, go to edfenergytrust.org.uk, or email edfet@charisgrants.com.
              Npower First Step Fund
              Contact the Spreading Warmth team on 0808 172 6999 or go to npower.com/spreading_warmth/Content/Firststep/index.htm
              Powergen (E.ON) CaringEnergy Fund
              Call E.ON CaringEnergy Helpline free on 0800 051 1480.
              Scottish Power Energy People Trust
              Applications can't be made by individuals: money available via charities, community groups, support organisations and housing associations that help those in fuel poverty. Your local Citizens Advice will have more details.
              Scottish and Southern
              Has no similar trust operation, preferring to offer social tariffs.
              Smaller providers such as First Utility and Utilita do not offer such funds.

Lumi x
              Luminol x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X