• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Charge Notification Letters Required

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charge Notification Letters Required

Duh, I could have just posted them on here, teach me to read the OP properly!

HSBC overdraft renewal terms - 2006.

Comment

This is an exchange of letters I had with HSBC last year. My original letter (will dig that out later) asked them for clarification as to how these new 'services' differ in terms oc cause, action & effect to the previous terms. Interesting answers...

Comment

HSBC Written defence - 2006

Comment

Bud you have initial list PM - hoping for more later.

Do you still have a copy of my slanging match with TSB where they admit no full terms and conditions prior to 2007, and that accounts ran on implied terms and common law? If not I'll get a rescan of that aswell cause I'm still to check my TSB and Natty folders for notifications etc.

Comment

Budgie,

Ive just been through all my letters and don't think I have anything that helps, my letters just say, we don't believe our charges are unenforceable or unfair, nothing descriptive.

After looking I think I need to upgrade to a lever arch file

Sorry Lumi x

I have Terms and Conditions from Coop 2005 and Halifax 2005, do you need these or not?
            Last edited by Luminol; 10th December 2009, 18:37:PM.
            Luminol x

Comment

HSBC 2002 - insufficient funds - Standing Order recall fee (attached)

Standing order was to pay a loan with HSBC, current account was with HSBC - £30: go figure.

Definitely going for some food now!

Comment

The initial reply I had from Abbey was to inform me that my complaint had been passed to their complaints dept in Milton Keynes. They then took a while to respond & in that time the test case was announced so the letter I recieved only outlined what was going to happen next.

I'm surprised the OFT didn't make more fuss about the way charges trigger other charges, Abbey charge a fee if insufficient funds are available to pay a DD (which they paid) that then gives you an unauthorised overdraft triggering another charge. The way I see it they authorised the overdraught when they decided to pay the DD & they charge you for taking a course of action that will always lead to another charge, at the time I was getting charges (about 3 years ago) that amounted to £55 in total.

Comment

Originally posted by Centium5000 View Post
                  HSBC 2002 - insufficient funds - Standing Order recall fee (attached)
                  Hmm, this just gave me a thought (I could do with it)..

If anyone actually got a default notice, then perhaps a copy of the credit report would also be useful wouldn't it? You couldn't argue that they were'nt default charges if you issued a default on them could you?

An SAR to a CRA will get the report if you got defaulted.

Comment

Many thanks to all those who have been sending copies of letters and responses to prelim letters and LBA's etc.

Sorry I havent been around much today as have been working on the full report for the OFT, which we have to submit before lunchtime tomorrow.

Please keep on posting up your letters here, we need as many different versions as we can lay our hands on. These will all be compiled into a database and submitted to the OFT.

There is no immediate panic to submit these to the OFT so please continue to post until I shout enough.

Thanks once again

Budgie

Comment

Hi Budgie,
                      I'll see if there's an easier way for me to get some of this info to you, without typing, verbatim', each word of such letters from my bank... I have a scanner, copier, printer all in one thing hooked up to lap top, so will work on doing that... (need to pop out for ciggies too!!! ) In the event I can't scan them straight to you, I'll go back to 'plan A'. Will endeavour to do this ASAP, (next few hours I hope). PS. My charges pertain to Co-Op Smile Internet bank.

Hope it will help a bit. Thanks for everything you're doing. It's monumental!

CatX

Paper clips - the larval stage of coat-hangers!

Comment

Hi Budgie,

As I 'speak', I am at this moment trying to upload a scanned copy of some of the more ludicrous letters/charges from my bank. The one in the machine which I'm trying to scan right now, refers to 2 separate £5.00 transactions I'd made with my DEBIT card, to top up mobile phone. This was over christmas period if my memory serves me right; the bank contacted approx 2 weeks later to tell me there had been 'insufficient funds', but they'd kindly paid it for me anyway... but were charging me £25.00 PER £5.00 top up... A further two more letters came with the same story; so they initially charged me £100 for 4x£5.00 debit card transactions; that in turn kicked the start of more convoluted charges... I have my statements for the same time these charges were really getting like legalised bank robbery!!! All info here but the machines are conspiring against me!!!! Doh! (MS Vista updates keep conflicting with certain drivers, HP being a victim here!!!) will keep trying tho... realise time isn't on side.... (still need nicotine too....:-( CatXXX

Comment

Well, managed to scan in the letters to my 'puter... but for some reason the darn docs don't want to upload... I'm probably doing something wrong but tried cut n paste. Didn't work. tried add attachment; no joy. Any help appreciated for the how to post these letters? Patience with myself n lap top worn thin now... (and as a slave to the nicoltine, starting to do a Chris Bonnington with the walls of my house for lack of ciggie...
                          Budgie is there an email addy I could email them possibly? (don't do defeat easily, especially by inanimate laptops with cyberilliterate owner (me;-0

back soon. ciao, CatX

Comment

Hi Cat

Email them to Amethyst and she will then add them to your thread, just let her know which thread they have to go to.

amethyst@legalbeagles.info

Tuttsi x

Comment

Thanks Tuttsi

Hiya Cat, the letters need to go on this thread

As Tuttsi suggests, please email to Amethyst and ask her to pop them on the charge letter thread

Comment

I just posted a quick guide to editing letter scans to remove personal info.

Image editing - removing personal info from letters - Legal Beagles

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X