• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

YOUR HOLS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: YOUR HOLS

I feel for you gobby. Think they can be difficult to deal with but with persistance, it will pay off.
    As Tempty says, contact watchdog. Also send a copy to ABTA ( Dohhh, posted at same time )

http://www.abta.com/articlesandcode.shtml

Comment

Here's the link for Complaints at Abta

http://www.abta.com/howtocomplain.shtml

Reached deadlock?

Once you feel that you’ve reached deadlock, you can complain to ABTA. You can do this by sending us a letter, email, or fax. Please include copies (not the originals) of your correspondence and the ABTA Member's replies. We’ll register your complaint on our database and may be able to help you resolve the dispute. If not, we can offer an independent arbitration scheme that’s administered by IDRS Ltd . And for personal injury and illness claims, there’s a mediation scheme.
      Please send all correspondence to our Consumer Affairs Department.
      Considering court proceedings?

You may have already instigated court proceedings. If so, please note that alternative dispute resolution (ADR) schemes such as arbitration will not be available to you. Please also make sure that you know the costs of going to court. We strongly advise you to check first whether you have a good chance of winning your case. You could contact:
      Citizens Advice Bureaux in England and Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland
      Your local Trading Standards office
      Last edited by Paule; 25th October 2007, 13:40:PM. Reason: added bit from Abta Site

Comment

I take it back, Gobby IS a 'computer retard'
        Last edited by Amy; 25th October 2007, 15:18:PM.

Comment

here ya go hun addy for watchdog
          BBC Watchdog, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TS
          Tell: 02085351000
          or email through the site
          watchdog@bbc.co.uk.
          hope that helps
          Tempty xx

Comment

have emailed bbc watchdog and am going to contact abta tomorrow...............watch this space.............................

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
              I take it back, Gobby IS a 'computer retard'
              and i thought you were my friend............

Comment

Originally posted by theGobbyOne View Post
                and i thought you were my friend............
                Gobby, do you really want BLT as your friend???!!!!.............
                Last edited by Xena; 25th October 2007, 18:38:PM. Reason: GRAMMAR POLICE!!!!

Comment

Right guys......here goes............TC say when they investigate they just speak to the resort rep take his word for everything and conclude from that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  I have taken legal advice and I definately have a very good case for refund and compensation.....However TC say I now have dispute their findings and put it in writing AGAIN........stalling for time me thinks......Am a bit concerned that rep has destroyed my accident complaint, however thats why we were moved from hotel number 1 so I cant see how that can be covered up and their were witnesses to incident and also the pool was bloody drained(even if they did drain WRONG pool.....nuggets!!!!!!!!) Am not sure if I can do it all myself or just hand it to solicitor............What do you lot think??????

Comment

Originally posted by theGobbyOne
                    However TC say I now have dispute their findings and put it in writing AGAIN
                    Just say that you don't agree with their findings and as far as you're concerned the dispute is not settled and you will persue this

their were witnesses to incident
                    Have you got contact details for these people

Am not sure if I can do it all myself or just hand it to solicitor............What do you lot think??????
                    If you can do a bank claim, I don't see why you cant do this. And I'm sure you'll get help from everyone here.

Comment

What about a read of this?

http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/buyi...ays/index.html

Comment

I have contact details of witnesses and also holiday makers who were with me when rep agreed to move us after my sons injury was final straw..........He moved us on condition we didnt tell any of the others that were complaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Four different parties(including us) have all been swapping correspondence to and from TC...........Have spoken to ABTA and they have offered us arbitration but we get a 28 day cooling period as standard...........Am thinking of using that as I really dont have time to pursue myself as I have just gone back to uni and am already bogged down with assignments......Only problem with using arbitration is that its final.whatever they decide I have to accept.............risky????..........I dunno yet what route I shall take but I am going to speak to my contract law professor at uni on monday and see what he thinks about ABTA's arbitration system

Comment

Can someone please move my posts to my own holiday thread as ithink its gonna be a long battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

Originally posted by mistie View Post
                            OK reply email thomas cook sent to gobby.....any advice please.......

Dear Mrs Gobby

Holiday - GUARDALAVACA - 22/08/2007

Thank you for your letter regarding your recent visit to Cuba.

Having read the content of your letter I can see that aspects of your holiday, particularly with regard to the general standard of your accommodation, have given you cause for concern. I am extremely sorry that this is the case and would assure you that as a business, we utilise feedback to ensure that our products are improved and enhanced to reflect the needs of our customers.

It is clear from your letter that you were generally dissatisfied with the standard of your room and it is regrettable that this was the case. We understand that when you are on holiday, the room is your “home-from-home” and you want to be as comfortable as possible. We certainly expect hoteliers to ensure that properties are maintained and serviced to an acceptable standard and on this occasion, we have no reason to believe that this was not the case. Our records indicate that the property is operating satisfactorily for a unit of this rating, though it is unfortunate that you were so dissatisfied personally.
                            Food is such a difficult subject on which to comment, as in many cases this is purely down to personal taste. In cases like this, the opinions of other guests as well as our staff can be very useful, as general customer feedback can give us an objective, unbiased view of the food offered. The feedback we have received would indicate that that, in general, the food served is of the right standard for a hotel within this classification. I am sorry, however, that you personally were disappointed, but would thank you for bringing your views to our attention. Your comments will be held on record for any future reviews of the property’s performance.

Insects and cockroaches are very common in hot climates. I do appreciate that the sight of them can be off-putting, as we are not used to seeing them, but they are part of life overseas. They are usually harmless and are not necessarily signs of dirty or unhygienic accommodation, as often thought. We do appreciate, however, that the sight can be concerning to UK holidaymakers, so we are careful to warn our customers of their presence in our brochures. Properties overseas do take precautions to prevent insects but no system is foolproof and it is impossible to guarantee that they will not gain access by some means. We do, however, expect hotel staff to act accordingly and issue preventive sprays to customers

It would appear that some of the issues you have raised were not brought to the attention of our representative in resort, including the deeply unfortunate accident suffered by your young son. In our ‘Booking Conditions’ we do state that all customers must bring any concerns or disappointment to the attention of our resort office staff immediately. Our representatives are available 24 hours a day either via the 24-hour emergency telephone number and the resort office number (available at the welcome meeting and reception). Our representatives are also available on selected days at your property for any guests to approach them with any problems. In order for us to minimise the impact such problems may have on a holiday, it is imperative that we are informed so that remedial action can be taken at the time and I am confident that had this been reported, our staff would have been able to resolve this locally for you. The laws that govern package holidays also focus on this point stating that compensation claims can become void if the tour operator has not been given the chance to address any issues in resort.

In light of the above information Mrs Gobby I am regrettably unable to offer compensation in this instance. I do however hope that the explanations provided have clarified the reasons for my decision.
                            Notwithstanding the above, I would like to take this opportunity of thanking you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. I will ensure that your comments are held on file for future reference.

I trust that despite this, you were able to enjoy some of the many facilities this area of Cuba has to offer holidaymakers.

Yours sincerely

J.........

Customer Relations Executive

This was my reply from Thomas Cook and I took some very good advice from Cet and responded to it requesting it to be forwarded along with my complaint to the corporate counsel for TC...........I have resent it 7 times and no response......As you are all aware I am very very deep into my degree and I have let the holiday stuff go to the wayside as I really do have to concentrate on my degree and the kids and the home and am exhausted st to be honest I coulddnt be arsed but I am now ready to fight again.........Any help would be immensely appreciated as I did try to give it to a solicitor to take the pressure of myself, however I cant get legal aid as I am a student and not on benefits!!!!!!!!! pppppffffffftttttttt........And yes I also know that as a law degree student I should be able to do it myself, however I dont have any knowledge really of this sort of stuff as its a 3rd year subject and I am in my 2nd year...........Arbitration was suggested but its binding and if I didnt put my argument accross well I could lose and its costly too and they can only compensate bto a maximum of £1000 so its not really an option.............Thanks guys I know you will do whatever you can and point me in the right direction but please keep it simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You all know what I am like!!!!!!!! :kiss:
                            Last edited by theGobbyOne; 5th February 2008, 22:42:PM. Reason: my grammar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its appalling!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I also failed to notify them about other tuff that was pants so can i still raise the issues now????

Comment

Gobbys Holiday Hell battle with Thomas Cook - Legal Beagles

Posts of Gobbys tale moved to that thread...ready for battle
                                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X