• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council Tax and CCS Enforcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council Tax and CCS Enforcement

I desperately need some advice 2 years ago I got into a mess with my council tax and I owed a lot of money it was passed to CCS Enforcment in October 2007 I cleared the full amount oustanding , However in 2008 I was sent a letter from the council stating that there was an amount of £293.00 still outstanding to pay to which I contacted them and they sent me a letter in July 08 to say it would be looked into the baliffs had confirmed payment but the council where unable to find it I did not hear from them again until November 2009 to state the amount was still outstanding .
    I attended their office on the 04/12 to which I was told yet again the amount of £293.00 was still owing I provided confirmation letters from the baliff and I am just so stressed and I do not know what to do next
    Can anyone out there please help me I am going mad How can they keep me waiting so long when if it was the other way around it would be a totally different story and I would have been in court by now or dealing with the baliffs again .

Re: Council Tax and CCS Enforcement

Have you all the correspondence regarding this?
    Who did you go to see at the council, was it just a counter clerk or did you go higher?
    Have they said what the £293.00 is for?
    Sorry to ask questions of you but just trying to make out if it's the council or the bailiffs the money is still supposedly owed to.
    Just to see if you have actually paid money to the Bailiff that was actually owed to the council, therefore it would be the bailiffs who owe and not you.
    Enaid x
    Last edited by enaid; 6th December 2009, 06:40:AM.

Comment

Re: Council Tax and CCS Enforcement

I would imagine this erroneous amount is due to the bailiff's fees.

How much was the outstanding council tax and how much were you charged altogether?

If you do not know this information then have a read here Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles and send the Subject Access Request letter contained within that page, to the bailiffs.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X