• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sar To Request Cctv Footage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sar To Request Cctv Footage

Hello all hoping someone could clear something up for me.

All supermarkets have CCTV these days to deter shop lifters. I think by law they have to display notices at the front of there stores telling the public there are CCTV cameras in operation for there own safety.

Supermarkets are private property and customers are invited in to do there shopping.

So my question is under the rules of the DPA can someone request CCTV footage were they were filmed mabe due to an incident or accident in the car park.

What about all the other people on the film aswell do they have to be informed or there faces blanked out.

Or is it just the police who can request such footage from supermarkets and not the genral public?

Any info would be great thanks
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Can someone make a SAR request for CCTV footage from a supermarket?
    Last edited by killersla; 24th November 2009, 14:39:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: Sar To Request Cctv Footage

You can SAR them, but you will have to give them plenty of info, so they can ascertain its you
    ie, description of clothing, whereabouts you are, pretty precise time, etc

This was covered on a TV show a few months back, but dont hold your breath on recieving the info any time soon, or at all, because most places havent got a clue about the DPA provision for CCTV.

If I find the link to the program i will put it up

PKea

Comment

This thread has some information. In particular, post #5 CCTV and bank dispute - Legal Beagles

Comment

Here is the ICO Info

CCTV camera, the Data Protection Act - Organisations - ICO

Comment

thanks for all the info guys has cleared up a few questions thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X