• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Soup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soup

Hi all,

Does anyone have any soup recipes, Im looking for cheap, tasty and not too complicated A real winter warmer!

Any suggestions gratefully recieved!

Lumi x
    Luminol x

Re: Soup

Heinz
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

thanks Ame, but I was trying to be posh lol
      Luminol x

Comment

Do you like celery - I did have a recipe for celery and ginger soup?

My favourite sites for recipes are the good housekeeping and bbc good food sites - they have lots of tested recipes.

www.bbcgoodfood.com

Also somewhere I have a sweet potato and marscapone recipe - trouble is my recipes are not well organised:confused2:
        "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Good old tomato soup, can't beat it-

melt a knob of butter in a saucepan, chuck in half a teaspoon of paprika, half a grated carrot, salt and black pepper. Fry/sizzle for about a minute. Throw some garlic in if you feel like it. Chop some tomatos into halves or quarters, whatever you like really, and simmer with the lid on for about 45 minutes. I think it's supposed to be about 2 kg but I just use as many as I can fit into my largest saucepan without it overflowing all over my hob. Then throw it into the blender or food processor.Then if you don't like the pips (who does???) strain it into a bowl, or back into the saucepan. Dilute with water to required consistency.

It will keep in the fridge for about 2 or 3 days. Warm it up in the microwave or on the hob. Chuck in a swirl of cream if you like.

Job done.

I serve this for Christmas dinner as a starter sometimes, and it always goes down a treat. Weird really cos I don't actually like tomatos!

I did leek and potato soup as well once and that was lovely, will see if I can find the recipe. That was really easy too.
          Is no longer here

Comment

My little one seems to get a rash when she eats celery Scoob, so I cant have that one, but thanks.

My hubby loves tomato soup, so I may try that one, and love leek and potato

Lumi x
            Luminol x

Comment

Hi Lumi

Just cut up Leeks and a potatoe + any other vegetables that you like carrot, sweet potatoe, swede, butternut squash, courgette (any combinations) and boil with water abd stock (I use the swiss veg stock poweder), liquidise for a nice creamy soup. Home made and does not take long to make.

Sometimes I add either lentils or pearl barley for even a thicker soup.

Then season to taste.

I make this and it last a few days kept in the fridge.

Tuttsi

Comment

1/ Go to Lidl/Aldi
                2/ stock up on their "offer" veg
                3/ peel, cut etc and place in pan with stock
                4/ simmer for a while
                5/ whizz it up till right style
                6/ enjoy with crusty bread

Job done..

Comment

Good Food Newsletter

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas, I shall get cracking soon as! Ill let you know the results....
                    Luminol x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X