• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Post Office Card Accounts allow withdrawals from PO ATMs from March 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Office Card Accounts allow withdrawals from PO ATMs from March 2010

From March 2010 benefit claimants who receive their benefits into the Post Office Card Account will be able to withdraw their money via a Post Office branded ATM (1,780 countrywide) rather than having to queue at the Post Office Counter.

Withdrawals will still be available via the counter, and the ATM only allows withdrawals in multiples of £10, however it is a good move in my opinion and will make life easier enabling customers to withdraw their funds outside of post office opening hours.

Terms and Conditions of the account have been updated accordingly.

The existing Post Office card account contract was due to end on 31st March 2010, but following srutiny and pressure from consumer groups the Government has now decided that a new contract will be awarded to Post Office Ltd. until at least 2015.

The POCA is a good account for people on benefits as there is no risk of any of the money, meant for you to fulfill your basic living expenses, being taken by the banks in unfair or excessive charges.

Useful for people who don't have a bank account (or do not wish to use one), the Post Office card account is specifically for receiving benefit, state pensions and tax credit payments.
    • no overdraft and no charges
    • no credit checks
    • take cash out and check your balance
    • ask for a second card if you need someone else to collect your money for you

Please contact the department that pays your pensions and benefits to enquire about the card account. Y
    Last edited by Amethyst; 17th November 2009, 10:06:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Post Office Card Accounts allow withdrawals from PO ATMs from March 2010

Any inkling where these ATMs are likely to be? It would be somewhat silly to place them near to existing POs in my opinion.

Having said that, being the cynical chap that I am, might not this be yet another way to close yet more POs down? After all, one of the main arguments for keeping them open, especially in rural areas, was because closure would unfairly penalise those who's only access to the very accounts that were forced on them is via the post office. That would not really hold true if the ATMs were an alternative.

Yes, that glass IS half empty. LOL
    My Blog
    http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Re: Post Office Card Accounts allow withdrawals from PO ATMs from March 2010

Yes mainly situated outside post offices....I'm happy with that as it's the restriction to opening hours and the queues which are the bug of the POCA. I'm quite often knackered for the weekend if I forget to get to the PO by 12 on a Saturday.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X