• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shark Attack - Nat West - Shark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shark Attack - Nat West - Shark

nope still nothing weird cause i got your email on friday fine.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I dont know why it wont get to you, I sent to both addresses. Oh dear now what.
      Gayda

Comment

Scanned images can be quite large and some webmail accounts have limits which may prevent it going through, if its multiple docs, try sending them one at a time or saving them in .pdf format if your software allows it. The other alternative is to right click on the file and select 'send to' 'compressed file' which may reduced it.

Comment

Hiya Gayda

Brilliant - that all worked - am downloading everything now

Speak later

Sharon
          xx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thank goodness for that. Thanks hun. Will speak later and keep checking for your replies etc.
            x
            Gayda

Comment

Gayda hun

Where did this copy of the CCA come from ? (its rubbish btw) Can you see more clearly on the original copy u have ?

specifically

Credit £ xx,xxx.xx (top right)

Think we may do a cca request, asking for disbursements and statement of account, then reiterate with a part 18.

as a first step - unless this one was provided under a s.77 request ??
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Gayda,

We need a LEGIBLE SIGNED copy of your agreement

Do you have one ? If so please send me a copy ASAP

If not you need to ask for one , either through a CCA request costing £1 or as a Part 18 request , ideally both .

Need to know either way ASAP , very important for your case.

Tools
                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I definitely do not have any signed copy in my possession. I never had one. Or at least I certainly dont remember getting one. Amongst all the paperwork that is all that I have. Sorry to be pain.
                  Gayda

Comment

Ok Tools sent all that to your email in jpg format. Hope you get it. I check my email every morning and through the day so if you need more please let me know.

regards
                    Gayda
                    Gayda

Comment

Hiya Gay

Thanks for sending that letter.

Pasted below with a couple changes for you to send tmw, with a £1 cheque/postal order - to Natwest (copy it to cobbetts too just to keep thigs tidy)

Dear Sir/Madam

Account No:

With reference to the above agreement, I would be grateful if you would send me a copy of this credit agreement and a full breakdown of the account including any interest or charges applied. Please also include details of the disbursement of this loan when first taken out.

I
                      understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 [sections 77-79], I am entitled to receive a true signed copy of the credit agreement and a statement of account on request. I enclose a payment of £1 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I understand a copy of my credit agreement and statement of account should be supplied within 12 working days.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with the request for a copy of the agreement and statement of account under these sections of the Act.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

(Your signature)

Okay - also today complete the acknowledgement part of the claim form you were sent by the court.

Intend to defend in full

And return to the court.

That will just extend the time you have to get the information together and defence/admission sorted out to 28 days from service.

We are looking at the Loan Insurance you took out at the time of the agreement - seeing as you were signed of long term sick at the time, and they were aware of this, this is misselling, in our opinion. Additionally the loan may be construed irresponsible lending.

Once we have the true copy of the agreement we can check that for enforceability - the parts we have seem do look sound but its a good idea to check - and if they can't supply it at all then they cant enforce it anyways.

Statement of account will show how much you have paid and any charges applied to the account over the period u held the agreement. So those may form part of the defence.

If this information is not given to you within 12 days then we will back it up with a formal part 18 request, and possibly request an extension before defence in order you get the information.

If these arrive and all is okay we most likely will submit an admission for the original loan amount less the insurances and interest thereon, and with that submit an offer to pay by installments form to the court.

You are currently paying £20 a month ? Have you any agreement to pay this, or copies of letters you have written to them offering to pay this ? You'll need to back offers up with your financial statement (there is a form for this in the response pack you got from the court) so we'll fill that in too.

First thing is to get the CCA and statement....

Also did you inform the bank you were signed off sick when you took the loan, do you remember about the insurances (are they to cover payments should you fall ill ???)

blimey antiques roadshow is on tv ! how bizarre.

Don't mention u have your original copy btw - its illegible anyways - took us agess to suss out what the figures were on it. Does look sound tho unfortunatly.

Oh - the charging order part they have threatened you with...I wouldnt worry too much its quite a rubber stamping procedure - and the judge should set payments at an affordable level and allow the charge on the house as security (thus making unsecured loan secured) which they can then use later if you default.

Can't see a way of getting away from a CCJ. The bank want a court order to assure them of repayment and basically you do owe the original loan amount. I don't see that a debt judgement against you would affect your application for the job - but of course u know the rules better.

If you have any insurance docs about this loan (you paid 2.5k odd for the policy plus interest) let me or tools have them.

Oh car finance loan - tools is having a look - first glance all looks fine - aen't you brill keeping all your paperwork tho ! you wouldnt happen to have the original invoice for the car ? ie what the ACTUAL cash price was stated as ( it may differ from whats on the agreement). Cheers hun sorry its a bit long.
                      Last edited by Amethyst; 13th September 2007, 00:40:AM.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

I have no agreement on paperwork. It was a verbal offer of £20 per month to Irwin Mitchell solicitors to try and keep Nat West from issuing a ccj or placing a charge on my property.

I am trying to find out if I was definitely signed off sick at the time of taking the loan. I have been in contact with doctor and hopefully will find this out next week. Unfortunately, it was March 2005 and I was all over the place with my dad being ill so cant really remember. However, I do know I was off quite a bit from work between Jan and June. Will have to find out. Am onto that.

Thank you hun for your help.

As for the car the total price for the goods is stated on the hp agreement as £2895.00. Of which I have paid £2,580 plus 500 deposit. Amount left to pay for the credit is £2,258.

Will keep an eye on any replies throughout today. In case anymore info is needed.

In the meantime I have the original invoice from the car sales co. will email to tools and you. ok.

xx:angels:
                        Gayda

Comment

wicked you are a star hun.

Don't worry about the £20 job - we'll work it out on your offer to pay.

Tell you what might be a good idea is if you telephone CCCS - they are starts at working out essential living expenses etc. Tell them your situation and see what they recommentd. Someone will call you back and you'll need all your paperwork, debts, income etc with you. You dont have to pay or sign up to anything and they will help you make a finaincial statement which is accepted by the courts - and you can then base your monthly payment offer at that.

Be warned tho when I rang them and went through all my info in full it scared the ****e out of me and made me cry....but a massive weight lifted of my shoulders to get it out and sorted.

http://www.cccs.co.uk/

thats their addy - dont worry about agreeing to DMPs etc on the phone - they send it all in writing if they have recommendations for you - just have a chat with them.

If you need help getting your acknowledgement in let me know....and anything else u find out in the meantime feel free to pm me or email, or just post on here.

Get that letter sent off won't u ????
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

wicked you are a star hun.

Don't worry about the £20 job - we'll work it out on your offer to pay.

Tell you what might be a good idea is if you telephone CCCS - they are starts at working out essential living expenses etc. Tell them your situation and see what they recommentd. Someone will call you back and you'll need all your paperwork, debts, income etc with you. You dont have to pay or sign up to anything and they will help you make a finaincial statement which is accepted by the courts - and you can then base your monthly payment offer at that.

Be warned tho when I rang them and went through all my info in full it scared the ****e out of me and made me cry....but a massive weight lifted of my shoulders to get it out and sorted.

http://www.cccs.co.uk/

thats their addy - dont worry about agreeing to DMPs etc on the phone - they send it all in writing if they have recommendations for you - just have a chat with them.

If you need help getting your acknowledgement in let me know....and anything else u find out in the meantime feel free to pm me or email, or just post on here.

Get that letter sent off won't u ????
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ame I have managed to print off the letter and will be sending today with the £1 postal order will have to go to exmouth town to get sorted. Will also post the acknowledgement of service as well.

Have emailed you with the car sales invoice and also tools.

I am worried now that maybe I was not signed off sick at the time of the loan arrangement. How much would that impact on my situation? I contacted my old employer and they will not give info unless I write to them. However, my new doc should have all my paperwork now so that maybe a quicker solution to finding out. I do know I was home the day I organised and spoke to the bank and was in tears I did not want to take the loan. They forced me into it. My emotions were all over the place.

I will go to docs today to see if they have all relevant paperwork and find out if I was signed off.

xx:angels:
                              Gayda

Comment

Re the loan - thats fine - we were only using it to look at the loan insurance you were sold at the time of taking the loan. It would be brilliant if you can find the paperwork...I have no idea how easy it is to get that info off your docs.

You own your house don't you ? what kind of equity do you have in the house at the moment ? (just a guess is fine)

oh and brill re the printer working lol

Got the email THANKYOU xx will look with tools later.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X