• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgage and Personal loan help required

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage and Personal loan help required

I would like your thoughts on this please. I have a mortgage and a personal loan throught the Royal Bank which have a total repayment of about £950 per month. They are both over 15 years but when i worked the payments out if i was to increase my mortgage to pay off the loan I would be approximately £200 better off each month. The bank are refusing me the extra borrowing stating that the problem is my credit report. Now I changed my mortgage to an offset type with the same bank in May and there was no problem. Since then the only thing that has changed on my CRF is that I have had a ccj removed from the file.

Now i appreciate that the bank dont have to lend me more money but i am not asking for more, just to consolidate two loans that are already with them. They are going to loose money tho. could this be why they are reluctant to consolidate?

Any thoughts please

Re: Mortgage and Personal loan help required

No is my opinion, but have you got an updated credit report? Have you asked the bank to explain the anomaly? any response from them?

Comment

Its not only your credit report, with natwest its how you operate your accounts as well. We got refused a further advance last year for this reason and ended up taking out a secured loan at quite a high rate. However, have just reapplied for, and got, a further advance with Natwest, for the same reason as you, to pay off the loan and reduce our monthly payments. Although our accounts are now in order, this is only because we've had charges claims paid back into both accounts. Also I have a default showing on my credit file (although only 28quid outstanding), and still got the further advance. Might be worth asking them to eleaborate, sometimes it depends who you speak to as to what info you can get out of them.
      Is no longer here

Comment

I also answer in no. But you must ask your bank in detail and find some solution. You ask them of your credit card report and then check it. Without report you cannot do anything.

Chicago Lincoln Park Real Estate
        Last edited by Jason Drakes; 1st August 2011, 05:05:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X