• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Abbey - how stupid are they !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbey - how stupid are they !!!

Okies peeps as its depressing times out there I thought I'd post this up just to really let off steam as I cannot believe how really stupid that they really are.

Here's some background...

My mum passed away 21 July 2009 and left me some property, one of which has a very small mortgage on, so instead of selling straight away I decided to let it out (Dec 2008). I wrote to Abbey in Feb 2009 heard nothing to presumed all was ok.

Anyway the other week my tenants passed me 2 letters from Abbey (Milton Keynes), both addressed to my deceased mum, and then I got a letter from them (Stockton on Tees) addressed to me at number 126 and not number 16, so I thought I'd write back to them. Lets see what happens next.

Here's my letter.........

Thank you for your letter dated 23 October 2009 the contents of which I note.

I did initially contact you towards the beginning of this year and never received a reply, I must state that I was somewhat bemused that you hadn’t bothered to reply to me, until last weekend when I visited the above property and found letters from yourselves.

Amazingly did your Milton Keynes not only write to the wrong address, they have actually written twice to a deceased person who is in fact my mother who departed this mortal plain on the 21st July 2008.

I must state that I find it most fascinating that you can correspond with a deceased person and can only deduce that you have either extraordinary powers or are now employing Derek Acorah, so I would be obliged if you could please make arrangements for a seance to ask my mother where the family silver is.

Then on 23 October 2009 again you have written to myself, and notice that you have addressed the letter to 126xxxxxxxxxxx and not 16 xxxxxxxxxx, quite unbelievable.

Ok so now to serious business, I did initially contact you to ask if it would be ok if during the difficult times this country is going through and until I can put the property up for sale at a reasonable price, that I could in the interim period let out the property so that I can pay the outstanding mortgage and of course have someone living there as a security measure.

So in answer to your questions ….

The reason for letting is as stated above, to help pay the outstanding mortgage and to have the property occupied primarily for security until I can sell it.
    The tenant would be a private individual.
    The length of tenancy would be an initial six months, then by a month by month basis.

I note that in the first 2 letters which were addressed to My deceased mother you request a payment of £295.00 for the letting fee, I would ask that as you have caused me such upset, that as a gesture of goodwill you forefeit the said letting fee.

I look forward to hearing from you in the very near future, although judging by past performance the letters will have gone to the wrong addresses and to the wrong person.

Last edited by Sapphire; 30th October 2009, 12:56:PM.

Re: Abbey - how stupid are they !!!

I am truely sorry that your having such a night mare with Abbey, but would it be wrong of me giggle at parts of the letter - especially the seance and family silver??

Thought the letter was great and i really hope you get the outcome you want.

Comment

Thanks hun, but please go on have a giggle at it because I promise you my mum would be hysterical.

To be honest thats why I've posted it up, to get things lighthearted.

Comment

Love the letter Sapph, reminds me of the one you nearly sent to the Crematorium a couple of months ago pmsl.
        Is no longer here

Comment

People in the office here where I work cannot understand why I have creased up laughing - an absolutely hilarious letter and is up to Sapphy's absolute best.

But on a more serious side they quite honestly are unbelieveable and someone has not marked their records accordingly and I would love to be a fly on the wall when they read that letter.

Tuttsi xx

Comment

They're having a laugh!! (Writing to your ma & all!!)

If it were me, I'd go straight round to Abbey Mansion, find the bugger responsible for this outrage & punch him/her on the nose!

Well, you know me, always looking to strike a happy medium!)

cnjw

:caked:
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I think we should have a thread where we can all post up our sarky letters, if anything it would give us all a good laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                They're having a laugh!! (Writing to your ma & all!!)

Well, you know me, always looking to strike a happy medium!)

cnjw

:caked:
                well to be perfectly honest, a medium is the only way they are gonna be able to communicate with Sapph's mom.....
                Is no longer here

Comment

Well I've received a reply:

Dear Saffy

Thank you for your letter dated 30 October 2009. As you know, we have already sent you a letter to say your complaint is being handled by us at Abbey Customer Relations Teesside at State 1 of our complaints process and we have now looked at your complaint in detail.
                  I am sorry you have felt the need to complain to us, and I would like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to investigate the issue you have raised.
                  My understanding of your complaint is that you asked Abbey, at the beginning of the year, if you could let the property until it sold. You never received a reply until you visited the property address and found that the letter had been sent and was addressed to your late mother in error. A letter was then sent to you but was addressed to the wrong number. You have answered the questions and asked if the fee of £295.00 can be waived as a goodwill gesture in these circumstances.
                  I am really very sorry that an error was made with the letter that was sent about the letting and apologise on behalf of the Company for any upset that this caused. There is no information on system, so I can only presume that this was down to human error. Whilst I am aware that an error of this nature should not happen, I regret that due to human involvement things do not always run as smoothly as we would like.
                  I can confirm that the details are now updated on the system, but as the fee is standard for letting, I am sorry I cannot waive the fee. I realise that we have let you down and apologise again. As a way of saying sorry I have enclosed a cheque for £30.00 to cover the inconvenience caused.
                  In line with company policy if you let the property you will need to complete the questionnaire and pay the fee.
                  I hope that this may not be the answer you were hoping for, but hope my letter has answered your query.

Then the usual platitudes about if I'm not happy to do 'this' and if they don't hear from me in 8 weeks they consider the matter closed.

Hey ho, well at least I'm £30 quid up, I've let the property and sod it I'm not going to bother telling them, hopefully it will sell anyways.

Comment

Did Gordon Brown have a hand in writing this?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X