• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Hearing v CITI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Hearing v CITI

Hearing, scheduled for this Friday for my claim regarding Credit Card charges:have not been able to agree a settlement so far.Claim is for under £1500 and has been ongoing for 2 years.Company legal team have now forwarded by e-mail a Witness statement + Statement of their costs for my reference I presume.Is this standard procedure.Any advice regarding the above would be appreciated

Re: Court Hearing v CITI

Can you scan up the details and remove your personal details?
    Can you explain what you have done so far and what, if any, offers have been made by Citi and why you rejected any that were offered?

Comment

Hi NWB1960,

It's a bit short notice with your hearing being tomorrow, for us to try and provide you with any assistance.

But, hey we can give it a go.

Is there any way you could post up a bit more information, including their latest witness statement ( remember to remove any personal identification information ).

Some details about what you have claimed for etc etc. As much information as you can really so that we can see how best to assist.

Budgie

PS - Where is your Court hearing being held?

Comment

Info received by e-mail and also through post as follows
        1)Witness statement 4 pages
        2)Statement of costs 2 pages
        3)OFT report 32 pages
        4)Default fee justification 2 pages

Company offered to pay back 6 years charges from the date I lodged my complaint with MCOL(04/2009),however complaint first lodged wth them 16 months previous(01/2008),so they wanted to write off approx 40% of my claim.

Have followed the standard route i.e. statements/1st letter/2nd letter/summary of charges ect.
        Do not have a scanner but can e-mail any docs
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Hearing is being held in Preston 1000 hrs
        Claim is for under £1500.s
        Last edited by NWB1960; 29th October 2009, 15:29:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

They can forget the old six year scam for starters.

Correct me if I'm wrong but:

No reasonable person realised that the charges were anything other than the actual cost of administration until Feb 2006 when John Fingleton Issued his OFT investigation into Credit Card Charges.

It was at that point the man on the street or "on the clapham omnibus" first realised that the charges actually represented an excessive charge for the "service" provided (or even a penalty).

The statute says that the six years starts from the moment of discovery, not from when the offence was committed.

I would therefore argue that the six year law mearly means you have until Feb 2012 to do something about all the disputed charges (no matter how old they are).
          Originally posted by NWB1960 View Post
          Info received by e-mail and also through post as follows
          1)Witness statement 4 pages
          2)Statement of costs 2 pages
          3)OFT report 32 pages
          4)Default fee justification 2 pages

Company offered to pay back 6 years charges from the date I lodged my complaint with MCOL(04/2009),however complaint first lodged wth them 16 months previous(01/2008),so they wanted to write off approx 40% of my claim.

Was the offer without prejudice?

Have followed the standard route i.e. statements/1st letter/2nd letter/summary of charges ect.
          Do not have a scanner but can e-mail any docs
          Hearing is being held in Preston 1000 hrs
          Do you mean 10 o'clock (as aposed to 1000 hrs set aside for the hearing)?
          Claim is for under £1500.s
          Keep us posted & good luck
          Last edited by ROBSTER; 29th October 2009, 15:43:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          The charges coming in to the banking industry every day will more than pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case so why wouldn’t the Banks want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"

Comment

You may email whatever you have through to me if you like.

I will PM you my email address.

I am most interested in their witness statement, statements of costs and default fee justification.

Robster is 100% correct on the limitation argument.

Regards Budgie

Comment

Have a look at the redacted internal report by the OFt on this link OFT confirms Credit Card Default Fees were HIGHLY UNFAIR under the UTCCR - Legal Beagles

As Citi have included the 2006 report in their bundle it may be they are going to try rely on the £12 assessment as fair (think citi already have an £8 figure in an court in NI) but anyway as we know the £12 isnt a fair figure merely an intervention figure, and the report on that link backs up the Unfair Term argument.

But looking forward to reading their arguments before getting into too much depth, was just chatting with Budgie about it and thought a quick look may be beneficial to you.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanx.

Comment

I hope he does well & wish him all the best

BUT with a bit more notice LB's could have been so much more helpful.
                  The charges coming in to the banking industry every day will more than pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case so why wouldn’t the Banks want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X