• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can They do this ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can They do this ?

Being unable to meet my minimum payments, and after much negotiations, in March, I went onto a agreed repayment plan with Lloyds TSB which included reduced interest and no more charges.

In an effort to reduce my o/s balance I started reclaiming charges against Lloyds and a few months ago was successful. £600 odd lump sum taken off my debt. !!! Yay !!

A few weeks ago however I received my monthly statement from Lloyds which requests a minimum payment which was not the agreed repayment sum !! Strange, I thought as I am on a repayment plan

So I telephone them (as much use as a chocolate teapot) talking to somebody thousands of miles away and who can just about speak English. Apparently, the collections department which I eventually fathom out are the ones who I need to speak to, are a back office and do not take customer calls !!! He also informs me that the plan only was to last for 6 months.

I dig out my paperwork and find the agreement and whilst it does say that the plan will be reviewed in 6 months, it also mentions that it will only be withdrawn if I fail to adhere to the plan (which I havent failed) It also mentions that in the event of the facility being withdrawn then they will inform me giving me notice that the payments will increase and the interest reverted to normal. Again, I have NOT received any such communication stating so.

I have written to Lloyds explaining these points and received a bog standard computer automated response which hasnt addressed any of my points, asking me to complete the enclose Income and Expenditure. (!!!! Arrrgggghhhhh !!! I despair, I really do. What happened to Customer Service in this country?)

I therefore have written another letter with a copy of my first asking for a response again.

My thoughts are that LLOYDS have revoked this agreement due to my successful charges reclaim !!! Obviously they can not outwardly admit this, but its kind of a coincidence. dont you think.?

Has anybody else recd similar treatment following a reclaim ?
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Response received, advising unable to accept my repayment proposals. (They could before, so whats changed, apart from my successful reclaim that is ? )

This refusal just seems to me like a tactic employed by the bank to recoup some of the charges that they have paid out.

I mean, as I am no longer on a plan with them they have reverted to full interest and normal charges apply again. (I know I will be able to eventually reclaim these again, but its a process, I feel sure they employ to as try and discourage you as much as possible.

I feel sure that had I not reclaimed against them my plan wouldve carried on quite happily.

Any thoughts ?
    Last edited by barloo69; 26th October 2009, 10:33:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: Can They do this ?

Ok, you are trying I expect to claim under financial hardship and in order for them to access you, this and Income and expenditure form has to be completed and sent to them together with evidences backing up your claims. Please read here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=15761 also if you want to complete and Income and Expenses schedule we cxan take a look for you and help you get it right. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ead.php?t=5102 then post here for us to give you further assistance.

To enable to claim under the present FSA waiver rules for hardship you have to fit the criteria and you have to back up your situation with evidences. The better packaged your claim is the better chance you have of getting them to help you.

If you need any help just shout.

tuttsi

Originally posted by barloo69 View Post
    Being unable to meet my minimum payments, and after much negotiations, in March, I went onto a agreed repayment plan with Lloyds TSB which included reduced interest and no more charges.

In an effort to reduce my o/s balance I started reclaiming charges against Lloyds and a few months ago was successful. £600 odd lump sum taken off my debt. !!! Yay !!

A few weeks ago however I received my monthly statement from Lloyds which requests a minimum payment which was not the agreed repayment sum !! Strange, I thought as I am on a repayment plan

So I telephone them (as much use as a chocolate teapot) talking to somebody thousands of miles away and who can just about speak English. Apparently, the collections department which I eventually fathom out are the ones who I need to speak to, are a back office and do not take customer calls !!! He also informs me that the plan only was to last for 6 months.

I dig out my paperwork and find the agreement and whilst it does say that the plan will be reviewed in 6 months, it also mentions that it will only be withdrawn if I fail to adhere to the plan (which I havent failed) It also mentions that in the event of the facility being withdrawn then they will inform me giving me notice that the payments will increase and the interest reverted to normal. Again, I have NOT received any such communication stating so.

I have written to Lloyds explaining these points and received a bog standard computer automated response which hasnt addressed any of my points, asking me to complete the enclose Income and Expenditure. (!!!! Arrrgggghhhhh !!! I despair, I really do. What happened to Customer Service in this country?)

I therefore have written another letter with a copy of my first asking for a response again.

My thoughts are that LLOYDS have revoked this agreement due to my successful charges reclaim !!! Obviously they can not outwardly admit this, but its kind of a coincidence. dont you think.?

Has anybody else recd similar treatment following a reclaim ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X