• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Managed rate overdraft Facility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managed rate overdraft Facility

My RBS bank account was frozen some time ago and the overdraft on the account was placed on a Managed Rate Overdraft Facility - monthly limit reduction. My card expired in March 2009 and all privledges were withdrawn at which time I opened another current account with The Halifax.
    I agreed a payment plan but RBS have continued to add charges and the account is now £2850 in debit.
    I also wrote to RBS early in May 2009 to register my complaint about charges which they acknowledged.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Managed rate overdraft Facility

Can I ask what is the question?

Comment

When the payment plan was arranged the overdraft facility was at £2000. Over 2 years they have added over £800. How do I stop this and get the charges refunded?

Comment

Originally posted by jon2516 View Post
        When the payment plan was arranged the overdraft facility was at £2000. Over 2 years they have added over £800. How do I stop this and get the charges refunded?
        Have you already reclaimed the charges from the account?

Comment

No registered complaint in May 2009 but like everyone else waiting for supreme court ruling.

Comment

Hi Jon

Please have a read here:-http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=15761

If your situation falls in these criteras then a claim could be made under the FSA waiver rules for hardship.

Tuttsi

Comment

Thanks Tuttsi.

Comment

Tuttsi

Just been going back over this how do I get RBS to stop adding the charges?

Comment

Blimey, they move you to managed rate to help things get sorted out then pound you with charges incessantly, how ridiculous.

You can try asking them to stop the charges when we do the hardship letter.

Hardship is basicallly asking the bank to treat you properly and sympathetically as they should have been doing since you entered hardship situation - if a refund of charges is part of that then thats great - but the main issue is the bank treating you unfairly and thats what we complain about.

Do you have an income expenditure sheet ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Was the plan agreed through RBS Collections or through credit management services?

Comment

It was arranged through RBS Birmingham Collections centre. I visited my local branch where the account is held branch and had a meeting with an advisor (theres a joke) and they basically told me it was an issue for me to resolve.
                      They never issued me with another card just suspended the account so I opened a new account with Halifax. I have just recieved another "ADVICE OF SERVICE CHARGE FOR THE PERIOD SEPTEMBER TO OCTOBER"
                      Maintenence charge of £28.
                      Overdraft interest for the same period £40.19.
                      These people are beyond reproach.
                      Amethyst
                      I did not do an expenditure sheet because I discussed this in detail with the advisor which was obviously a waste of time and before I got help from this site I have buried my head.
                      So would you suggest sending in a hardship letter with expenditure sheet?
                      Also this matter has been dealt with by my local branch, do I need to use head office?
                      Many thanks
                      Last edited by jon2516; 2nd November 2009, 09:27:AM. Reason: Wrong information

Comment

Yes, we need to do a full income and expenditure sheet Legal Beagles and then write a good strong hardship letter complaining about the managed rate overdraft thingy and asking for a refund of charges and to stop future charges and accept repayment proposals.

If you can do the IE sheet and either post it up here or email it to admin@legalbeagles.info then we will have a much better idea of your situation to help get a good letter putting forward your case sorted.
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you so much Amethyst I will do that when I get home from work.

Many thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by jon2516 View Post
                            It was arranged through RBS Birmingham Collections centre. I visited my local branch where the account is held branch and had a meeting with an advisor (theres a joke) and they basically told me it was an issue for me to resolve.
                            They never issued me with another card just suspended the account so I opened a new account with Halifax. I have just recieved another "ADVICE OF SERVICE CHARGE FOR THE PERIOD SEPTEMBER TO OCTOBER"
                            Maintenence charge of £28.
                            Overdraft interest for the same period £40.19.
                            These people are beyond reproach.
                            Amethyst
                            I did not do an expenditure sheet because I discussed this in detail with the advisor which was obviously a waste of time and before I got help from this site I have buried my head.
                            So would you suggest sending in a hardship letter with expenditure sheet?
                            Also this matter has been dealt with by my local branch, do I need to use head office?
                            Many thanks
                            Normally a bank charge would invalidate the agreement with RBS Collections. I have known bank cards to be suspended until such time as a plan is in place and then the stop removed or until the account goes back within the overdraft. Once the account is with collections the branches cannot make any decisions on the account whatsoever until it is returned to their portfolio(for want of a better word).

Comment

Sorry natWeststaffmember but I do not understand how that helps me?

Amethyst I cannot down load the relevant I/E form for whatever reason so can I send you the information by private message?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X