• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DISCONTINUED: CCJ due to bank charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help req'd - any advice please? CCJ due to bank charges

Good luck x
    Is no longer here

Comment

Hope it goes well for you and look forward to hearing the result.

Tuttsi

Comment

We've had the Judgement Set Aside :whoo:

I didn't actually go into the room with my son but when I heard the Judge laughing (yes, laughing with him) I knew we were onto a winner.

They (Brian Carters) didn't send a representative, but they had sent a letter saying that the claim was regarding 4 bank accounts (yeah ok, whatever).

The Judge has said that they will now give B/Cs 21 days in which they have to produce the legal docs that we had asked for back in September 2009, but since she was convinced they did not have them then he would probably have heard the last from them.

Please if you are reading this after having the same sort of experience and treatment from one of these companies please FIGHT THEM BACK!!!!

I cannot thank the people on here for their advice and help and no offence now but I hope to not 'see' you lovely people again

Kind regards

Mimps

Comment

Well done! Looks like Bryan will be crawling back under his stone. You must make sure that if they don't come up with the goods, that you get a Discontinuation notice from them. They will probably try again at some point but if and when they do just remind him that under the CPR rules they can't resurrect a claim once it has been discontinued.
          Is no longer here

Comment

Thanks for that tip Wendy, I'll make a note to look out for that.

apologies for the post showing twice last night, I thought i'd edited it

I cannot believe what a relief this is, I don't have to brace myself when the phone rings now.

Thanks again

Mimps

Comment

Well done Mimps, it is always good to get a great result.

Tuttsi

Comment

Congratulations Mimps

I have deleted your duplicate post for you.

Budgie

Comment

awwwwwwwwwwww fantastic, well done.
                  Enaid x

Comment

Well done good for you.

Comment

Hi there, sorry yes - back already :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

It's now 13th May, and Bryan Carter has 5 calender days to get the information to us....it's obviously not going to happen, but...........

Fredrickson International are really stepping up their pressure! They have started phoning the house, they have sent a very cakey letter with a ref. number on it asking son to call (of course, he hasn't).

Since they weren't involved at all (in name) with the court dealings before, has anyone got any idea how we can stop them calling?

Do you think they will try to take over where BC's left off? Even though there is NO CCJ to adhere to?

Thanks for reading this at least

Comment

Caters are the solicitors in this matter and fred's can't do toffee, after all BC are THEIR "in-house" sols.

I would answer the phone to them, tell them you are recording the call and that you require ALL communications to be in writing for the avoidance of doubt.

I wouldn't mention the court action as it might remind BC to get his bottom in gear.

Of course there's always the other option. Call BT and claim harassing calls and they, normally, do a free number change instantly

Even choose to refuse might work and block their number..

Comment

Hi there

Well the deadline has well and truly passed, Son of Mimps did receive something in the post, but since it was a list of transactions from an account that never was OD and his ISA then there is obviously no case. (although I would sort of like to know how anyone accessed this information)

Can anyone advise me on any Legislation we can quote when writing to ask for the Discontinuation Notice please? Like when you quote CCA when asking for the original information?

Thanks again for even reading this.

Mimps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X