• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mis-sold Credit Card Repayments Cover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mis-sold Credit Card Repayments Cover

SAR made 22 June. Data finally arrived 2 October. By this time, I'd filed an N1 with my local county court re: non-compliance, seeking costs/damages of £150 (for time spent researching, writing letters, photocopying, printing, postage, etc). I'm not sure about proceeding to court, but that's another matter.

I had two credit cards: the first between 1989 and 1996, the second was taken out in 2002.

On the 2002 application, there's no tick in the box for Repayment Insurance, yet I was paying Credit Card Repayments Cover for almost a year - about £60 in all. It stopped suddenly.

They must have realised that they were charging me for this when they shouldn't have been because they refunded it. Or say that they did...

However, it's not obvious that this was what they were refunding (I only recognise the total now that I've added up all the Credit Card Repayments Cover amounts; there's no description listed, it just says ***NO DESC FOUND***) and, although it shows up on the statement, it was never deducted from my balance.

Now, we're only talking about £60 here, but there are three other *** NO DESC FOUND*** items on the same statement. All on the same date. About £800 in all. I don't know what they are for, but none of them were deducted from my balance, even though it looks like they should have been. The figures just don't add up.

Had they been deducted, my balance would have been zero right there. I continued to pay £800 over the next year and eventually cleared my balance.

Well, I say almost cleared my balance. For some reason, they froze the balance at approx. £20 and never charged any interest. Statements tail off in mid-2008 after four years of almost identical statements.

I've written to Halifax to ask for an explanation. What do you think?

I wasn't going to even try reclaiming the charges on these two cards, as they're all more than 6 years old, but I'm going to try to reclaim about £250 citing s.32 of the Limitation Act. (Thanks Amethyst!) Do you think I should do that now or wait for their response? I hope they owe me an extra £800...

Best,
    FM

Re: Mis-sold Credit Card Repayments Cover

bump. Or has it been answered on another thread?
    Is no longer here

Comment

Re: Mis-sold Credit Card Repayments Cover

Hi Wendy B,

Thanks for bumping. No answer anywhere here yet, and no reply from Halifax to my letter either.

I don't know how they're going to explain it, but I'm sure they'll find a way to avoid responsibility!

Best,
      FM

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X