• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

business account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• business account

i had a business acount with royal bank of scotland,i made a claim and they refused to pay,i applied to the court three days before the hearing the bank made a very small and i mean a very small offer through cobbetts,on the day the case was heard they sent a barraister who told me before we went in that he would teach silly little people like me to go away.

sadly this is what the judge ordered'the claim under.... be struck out as disclosing no merit and also appearring to be an abuse of process.no further claim or application from the claimant be listed without the permission of a full time district judge,
    so any suggestions as to my next step,i had to close my business because of an original mistake by rbs they applied funds coming in to the wrong account and i then went overdrawn in my business account,eventually after six months they put the money into my business account and by that time direct debits had been returned,charges applied etc and never one mention of an apology,
    i even asked for the case to be stayed but this was refused....

Re: business account

hi kathy

What the barrister said was out of order and i think you would be in your rights to complain about him..

it would be very useful to see the Particulars of Claim you entered to see what you entered the claim as.

If the claim you made was simply refund of charges because they are penal, then you may still be able to go to the fos over the cock up that rbs made with the management of your account, unless you have already tried this route ?

Sadly at the moment lots of business claims are being struck out as having no merit we simply have to try and wait for the end of the test case and further clarity on the position legally with regards UTCCR and small businesses.

If you could pop up the POC and any other submissions you made we should be able to advise where you can head next.

also, did you get costs awarded against you ? Sounds as though he might have put you on the vexatious litigant list too so you should check that out.

Welcome to Beagles xxx

Ame
    x
    Last edited by Amethyst; 14th October 2009, 18:23:PM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: business account

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your serious problem.

Hindsight is a great thing but what i would have done straight away is told the judge word for word exactly what the barrister said so it was on record.

I would have then made official complaint to the judge of the barrister using threats and intimidating comments against myself, putting it on record that i will now make an official complaint to the Bar and the law society, the police for intimidation and the press.

You then go from there.

I have come up against RBS solicitors and Barristers who lie in court and advise you to never give up. Thats what most people do and they count on that.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X