• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell, Fredrickson, Collect Direct for Egg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell, Fredrickson, Collect Direct for Egg

Hello, I'm back... I started another wave of effort to sort out my debts in August. Sent around a letter to all my main creditors (about 11 debts totalling about 19,000) with I&E details.. basically asking for the debts to be written off.

Anyway I think I heard back from 1 company to say they were putting things on hold for 3 months. The others either haven't replied or I've received letters from other DCAs asking for payment of the debt. I know they all received the letters. Is this a common thing to happen? Lowells phoned me this morning - and said the my Egg debt had been passed to them from Fredrickson. I wrote to Fredrickson! shouldn't they forward my letter? Apart from the cost (every time I send a letter it's £1.14) and the fact that it's a pain having to write again, it REALLY doesn't make me feel secure about my personal details and the personal information I gave. Lowells say that Fredrickson won't forward my info and that I have to send the letter again or email it to post@lowellgroup.com. What do you think?
    Last edited by Bluebell; 12th October 2009, 12:01:PM. Reason: too much info

Re: Lowell, Fredrickson, Collect Direct for Egg

Hiya Bluebell, lovely to see you back, I'm so sorry to hear of everything you have gone through over the last few months.

Onwards and upwards tho, best attitude to have.

Yes its quite normal for DCAs to ditch debts to other DCAs once things become a bit tricky, unfortunately its a case of dealing with the original creditor and keep bouncing back the DCAs. SO yes you would need to write again to Lowells, I am assuming they have been sold the debt by Fredrickson, who bought it from Egg.

((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))))
    Ame
    xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

They said they bought it from Egg. Maybe I missed the bit where Egg bought it back from Fredrickson. I've edited my post because I didn't need to put all the info I did. Do you know what happens to the letters that I write to DCAs who aren't dealing with my debt anymore? I don't like the idea of them just flying around in space.

Comment

Just send them a simple Prove It, always a good opener with a DCA.
        There's one here #4: ~~~ Consumer Credit Agreements - A Guide ~~~~ inc. Letters - Legal Beagles

You'll find this thread useful while dealing with DCA's, they do have a tendency to "bend" the truth.
        After all one DCA collecting on behalf of another has ZERO legal rights at all.
        So they cannot take any court action against you at all.
        They simply try and scare people into paying.

Comment

Thanks for that Curlben! I had a look back in my file and it looks like I asked Fredrikson to send me a copy of the CCA - which they did. I didn't send them such a detailed request though. I just asked for number one in the following list
          1. True copy of original signed executed credit agreement
          2. FULL Statement of account
          3. Copy of the executed deed of assignment from (original creditor) and (DCA)
          4. A fair processing notice.
          Should I start it all again with Lowell and request all 4 documents?

Come to think of it in my letter to Fredrikson I admitted that I owe the whole debt (I had to in oder to ask to have it written off) or doesn't that matter.

Bit confused... thank for the links to your fab letters!!!
          Last edited by Bluebell; 12th October 2009, 19:20:PM. Reason: to try to make my message coherent

Comment

Hold your horses and send them a Prove It first.
            This costs NOWT and might prove extremely worth while.

If this is their first letter file it under I and wait and see if they can be bothered to write again.
            NEVER respond to the first letter from a DCA as they can simply be phishing exercises.

Comment

Thanks I'll do that tomorrow and see what they come up with.

Comment

haha - whilst filing the "prove it" letter to Lowells I found another one I'd written (last December) regarding another bank! They never wrote back to that one. Let's hope it's the same with Egg

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X