• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

long problem with over payments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long problem with over payments

ok ill try and keep it short!
    about 5 and a half years ago my ex wanted to be a pain in the back side and tell the income support people i was working and earning upto 400 pound a week! (i wish!)
    this caused a major problem for me during which i was investigated and i appealed against the decision of having to pay bavk the over payment .
    i supplied ALL documents that they asked for. I provided proof of earnings from my part time job came to less than the amount allowed and that i did not work longer hours than was allowed.its complicated as i was/am self employed ...i work for a delivery company that pays per parcel delivered and collected but have to take out the petrol and car running costs etc.
    i got an accountant to do me my accounts for the year as i working part time for some one else to off set the money i was losing working for the delivery company.i got a book out of the library b4 i started to see if this was ok and it was.the accountant was shocked by the accounts and asked me how i could afford to live!!! i submitted all documents to the appeals and the benefit people b4 it went to appeals.when i got there the lady behind the desk told me she didnt understand what the figures meant even the accounts! i tried to explain my figures -outgoings and incomings and the minus at the end of it.she wrote to me saying that i had to pay the money back
    i wrote saying that i did not agree with the decision and heard nothing more.
    but every year or so i get a letter asking to repay the money i send them a letter saying i didnt agree with the decision and it goes quiet
    but last year i got a solicitors letter saying they wanted the money now or they were sending bailiffs in.i told them the same thing and i had to get in touch with the archive people to get it looked at again
    they said theyd put it on hold til they got the archives up.i heard nothing ....but today another letter from their client wasnt prepared to wait any longer and want the money now.
    what do i do?????????????????its been nearly 6 years

Re: long problem with over payments

Hi Archer
    Not sure what you can do, can you push for the your appeal and pay for an accountant to present the information for you?

Are you unemployed or getting a benefit, you can get a first sitting with a solicitor free.

And as per usuall hun, what peopel say on phones is untrue, they don't have the training to deal with your indepth complaint. they just say Blah Blah to get you off the line.

need things in writting.

look into the solicitor meeting you may beable to get the account held untill it is addressed properly

Pam

Comment

thanks pam ,i never know which way to turn due to no solicitors in my area taking on benefit complaints so im pretty much on my own.ill have to write to the soliciotors and the benefit agency again! when kiddies go back to school ill have to go to CAB only thing is im not allowed days off! arrgghh
      ill start with the letters i think ...

Comment

Originally posted by archer_66 View Post
        thanks pam ,i never know which way to turn due to no solicitors in my area taking on benefit complaints
        thats odd, but some actually offer a first meeting free have a ring
        round.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X