• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

British Gas Bill - billing code

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Gas Bill - billing code

Hello everyone,

I am new to this and hope this is the correct way to use this site.

I would be grateful for any advice on dealing with British Gas. I received a gas bill today covering 13 Dec 06 to 21 Sep 09. We have been with British Gas since we moved into this flat in Dec 2002. We were paying by direct debit and have always settled bills we received. At some point during 2006 British Gas have accidentally closed our account. They have admitted this over the phone last December but I have no proof of this. In December 2008 they have created a new account for us and we have paid our bills from that date onwards.
    The bill I received today is the first bill in our name for the period that our account was closed. There is also a bill addressed to the occupier which covers 4 Sep 06 to 12 Dec 06. The two bills together amount to about £600 which I cannot afford.
    I have seen some threads about the Billing Code and was wondering whether that is applicable to our situation and what the best way is to contact british gas in this case.
    Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: British Gas Bill - billing code

Hello Snowleopard,

Awhile ago I had some issues with BG and Npower etc, I used Energywatch for my initial complaint but they have gone now, but I do have some contact info for British gas:

Customer Relations
    80 St Marys Road
    Southampton
    SO14 0WA

Tel no 0845 6070870 (this ext will get you through to the Customer Relations Office) ex 180747 Amy Carpenters desk....Might help you cut out some of red tape and get through to someone with authority quicker.

Lumi
    Luminol x

Comment

Thanks Lumi for the information. I was wondering though about the billing code so that I can mention this when I contact them if it is applicable to our case.

Comment

The bill is for energy used over 2 years ago so the ycan't charge you AFAIK

More details here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...46&postcount=1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X