• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RBS card with collection agency. Can I claim?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RBS card with collection agecy. Can I claim?

Now got home from work and the DCA called. My daughter answered and they said they were car insurance company? Did 141 and it was the DCA.
    Do I just ignore now and send a letter as described earlier?

Comment

Pretending they were someone else, I' sure thats against something or other, but no, ignore them calling, keep things in writing - and send that account in dispute letter to them.

Also, in case of any further action later on by them, try and keep your statements/evidence showing the £50 payments each month to them.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst

Many thanks will keep you informed

Comment

Just to keep you updated recieved letter recently.
          Have confirmed they will request a copy of original agreement to be sent from RBS but also that:

"I can confirm that The Royal Bank of Scotland has not in any manner "assigned" the account to Intrum Justitia. Intrum Justitia is providing debt collection services on the account to The Royal Bank of Scotland. The Royal Bank of Scotland contiues to be the creditor, therefore a deed of assignment is not applicable in this instance"

Does this have any relevance?

I have also never recieved a statement of the account. Do I just request this or do I need to quote any legalities to back this up?
          Last edited by jon2516; 7th November 2009, 10:10:AM. Reason: Forgot to ask something

Comment

well have you sent them a formal SAR? If so they have 40 days to comply with it.
            Is no longer here

Comment

Only asked for a CCA will amend letter and request a SAR.

Thank you

Comment

Might be worth doing two letters, keep the two things separate, as they have different timescales. Just my opinion but thats what I'd do. They probably need to go to differnet departments anyway.
                Is no longer here

Comment

ok, thank you Wendy, who do i SAR, the DCA or RBS?
                  Last edited by jon2516; 8th November 2009, 18:35:PM.

Comment

RBS.
                    Is no longer here

Comment

Got the second offer back for my charges which is a full and final offer. My only thought is do I leave this whilst my CCA request comes back (12 days up on Tuesday). Also as I do not know exactly what charges have been added since this went to the DCA do I now request a SAR before accepting this refund?

Comment

Originally posted by jon2516 View Post
                        Got the second offer back for my charges which is a full and final offer. My only thought is do I leave this whilst my CCA request comes back (12 days up on Tuesday). Also as I do not know exactly what charges have been added since this went to the DCA do I now request a SAR before accepting this refund?
                        How much was it and would it clear the account?

Comment

They offered just over £200. Do not know the exact balance but approx £6000

Comment

Anymore suggestions natwest staff member?

Comment

Sorry,think I've got a bit lost here. If you haven't had your SAR back yet how do you know how much to claim back in charges? They have offered you £200m approx how much do you think the claim is for?

When I dealt with Natwest CC a couple of years ago they were pretty straightforward, there's a thread in this forum, here. You could accept as partial acceptance only then file at court for therest, they normally give in once the N1 hits their doormat.

However it's up to you whether you go the charges route of the CCA route.
                              Is no longer here

Comment

Re: RBS card with collection agency. Can I claim?

Wendy
                                Sorry I have had so much to do.
                                Right.
                                Balance approx £6000.
                                RBS forwarded list of charges and finally agreed refund of £200 but I have not replied as Intrum Justica (DCA) have not replied to my CCA within the alloted time.
                                They have also for some reason not replied when I asked for an account balance and if any further charges had been added since they took over.
                                My thoughts are that the £200 refund from RBS is in full and final settlement but I do not want to accept this if additional charges have been added since the DCA took over.

Hope this makes sense?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X