• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RBS card with collection agency. Can I claim?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBS card with collection agency. Can I claim?

Hello

I have an outstanding account of approx £6000 that was referred to a collection agency early last year.

Can I still claim the charges?

Many thanks

Re: RBS card with collection agecy. Can I claim?

In a word, yes.

Comment

Amy

Many thanks for your quick reply. Do I just send the standard letters with the obvious amendments?

Comment

Yes, you reclaim your charges in the usual manner. It doesn't matter if the account is with a collection agency.

Comment

What amendments would you make? (sorry early on a Sunday not quite awake yet!)

Legal Beagles
          Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
          Me VS Abbey Win
          BIL HSBC Credit Card
          BIL EGG
          BIL HSBC Loan
          BIL PPI Win

Comment

Hi Mochamoo

Just to say it was handed over to a collection agency.

Comment

You don't need to do that, just write to the RBS and send the letters credit card reclaiming letters like Amy said.

How much you claiming?

My Hardship Claim
              Me VS Abbey Win
              BIL HSBC Credit Card
              BIL EGG
              BIL HSBC Loan
              BIL PPI Win

Comment

Not quite sure until they send details but probably around £2000

Comment

Excellent, good luck x Should help pay off some debts and get you back on your feet x

My Hardship Claim
                  Me VS Abbey Win
                  BIL HSBC Credit Card
                  BIL EGG
                  BIL HSBC Loan
                  BIL PPI Win

Comment

Is the DCA, Triton?

Comment

Hi

No the agency is with Intrum Justicia.

Comment

I dealt with Intrum Justitia years ago, they weren't too bad tbh. But anyway, just send your letters to RBS not the DCA.

And can someone move this thread please? If it's an RBS card it's in the wrong forum.
                        Is no longer here

Comment

Further to the above, since sending the initail letter to RBS for a list of costs I last week had ten phone calls to my mobile from the DCA. My circumstances have not changed so I assume RBS have spoken to them ?
                          Do I continue to ignore these calls or write a letter as detailed about no contact unless in writing etc?

Any advice appreciated

Comment

Have you put the account formally indispute? ~~~ Consumer Credit Agreements - A Guide ~~~~ inc. Letters - Legal Beagles there is a good letter on post 6

Send the below to the DCA to stop the calls.

Cetelco gave this to me, not sure where you find it on the forum.

Despite my clear and concise instruction for your company to cease contact via telephone I have received excessive telephone calls XXXX List calls

As I am sure you are aware Harassment of Debtors is a criminal offence in England and Wales under Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970.

Furthermore, continued telephone calls after the receipt of a request not to call may constitute a criminal offence under section 127 of the Communications Act 2003.

In addition every individual has a right to be free from harassment under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

The offence of causing harassment is arrestable under the provisions of Section 24(2) of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 and attracts the powers associated with such offences. Additionally Section 3 enables a person who is, or may become, the victim of behaviour prohibited by Section 1 to take civil proceedings against the perpetrator.

Further it is my contention that your company is in breach of the Office of Fair Trading guidelines on harassment.

As you have demonstrably failed to heed my instructions I feel I have no option but to report your conduct to the relevant statutory authorities, including Trading Standards, the Financial Services Authority and the Office of Fair Trading.

If I should receive another telephone call from any person from your company at any point then I will be contacting the police to report the criminal office of harassment and will be naming you in my statement to the police.

I trust that I have made myself clear and that all future correspondence with your company will be in writing.

If you are in any doubt as to what to do with this letter, then I would advise that you consult your corporate counsel.

Yours sincerely

My Hardship Claim
                            Me VS Abbey Win
                            BIL HSBC Credit Card
                            BIL EGG
                            BIL HSBC Loan
                            BIL PPI Win

Comment

All that happened last year was the account went to the DCA and I agreed to pay £50 per month which I have maintained 100%.
                              I have not done anything else or heard from them until I wrote for my charges?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X