• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RBS card with collection agency. Can I claim?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RBS card with collection agency. Can I claim?

Are you there Wendy B?

Comment

Sorry Jon, wasn't on yesterday afternoon cos the boss was in and I had to look busy. If you've got anything you need to ask post it up anyway and if I'm not around I'm sure someone will pop up.

Need to get this straight in my head though, you say RBS finally agreed to a £200 refund, but how much did you actually ask them for? Was this the full amount you requested? Was there any interest included? And just refresh my memory, are you making regular payments each month, to RBS or IJ? Is your account in arrears or upto date etc. Sorry for all the questions but it's late, I've been at work till 10pm then shopping then dinner and am now on my second glass of wine and I can't be bothered to read back through the thread to find the answers lol.

Need to get an exact picture of what's what, including where you are with the CCA request, then see where to go, although Curly is the one to advise as far as CCA goes. Will flag it up to him if needed.
      Is no longer here

Comment

Hi Wendy.

RBS have offered just over £200 including 8% interest.
        I have not replied to the offer as these are charges added when the account was active. I do not know if further charges have been added since the account went to IJ but they did send a letter wanting to increase my payments to which I said no as my circumstances had not changed and I could not afford an increase.

I have not had an account balance or notice of any charges from IJ or RBS and as the letter comments full and final settlement I do not want to blow the chance of further refunds.

Payments are made to IJ.

CCA request made and letter recieved by IJ on November 2nd.
        Letter recieved on 5t November saying £1 Postal Order not included and when recieved request would be referred to RBS and that account was on hold for 14 days.
        Also stated that RBS continued to be the creditor and that IJ was DCA acting on thier behalf and not "assigned".

£1 postal order sent on 7th november for CCA request, still no reply.

Hope that is ok and I hope your head is not banging too much this morning after the wine glass kept insisting on bieng topped up!

Have a good day.:tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Hi Jon2516,

Right, as is always the case we cannot really offer sensible advice until we know the full story.

From your thread it appears that

You have a credit card account with RBS
          The balance is approx £6000
          You are being chased by a debt collection agency working on behalf of RBS.
          You have been paying £50 per month to reduce the balance for over 1 year
          You have sent off a SAR and received a response
          You have sent off a CCA request but not received a response yet.
          You have asked for a refund of charges and RBS have offered you £200 in full and final settlelemnt.

You need to know what to do next.

OK, as far as tha CCA request goes, you need to chase for a response. I will leave it to CurlyBen or someone more experienced in CCA matters to advise you on this.

As far as recovering your charges goes we need to know the following.

If RBS responded to your SAR then you should have been able to work out the total of charges applied to your account from the date of opening to the date of the SAR response. What is that total figure?

What did you actually request from RBS in terms of a refund of charges, IE What amount?, What compensatory interest figure? What arguments did you use to justify your request for the return of the charges and compensatory interest? If it is easier then please post up a copy of the preliminary letter that you sent to them ( remove personal identification information before posting. In an earlier post you mentioned a figure of £2000 !!!!!!!!!!

They have offered you £200 inc 8% interest. How was this offered to you? In a letter? Please could you post up a copy again with any personal details removed.

Once we know the answers to those questions we can better advise you as to how to proceed.

Rgds Budgie
          Last edited by Budgie; 4th December 2009, 11:12:AM.

Comment

I have a list of charges and they have offered back the correct amount.
            My point is I do not know if they have added any charges since the DCA took over as the info on the charges only covers upto the point when the account went to the DCA:snowbal:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X