• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

which debt clearing company do I use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which debt clearing company do I use?

Hello All,
    I can say that my experience with Matrix and Credit Card Killer has not helped me, I have been advised to use Century 21?
    Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Thank you
    Vinay

Re: which debt clearing company do I use?

Originally posted by vinay View Post
    Hello All,
    I can say that my experience with Matrix and Credit Card Killer has not helped me, I have been advised to use Century 21?
    Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Thank you
    Vinay
    You've arrived at the best place if your credit card providers are taking you to court, defaulting you or have instructed a DCA (debt collection agent).

If you have been hammered with charges this is the place to be also.

However if you simply want your credit cards written off as you have maxed them and dont feel like paying back the cash borrowed you might not find much sympathy.

Whats your story and how can we help?
    The charges coming in to the banking industry every day will more than pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case so why wouldn’t the Banks want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"

Comment

Hi Robster,
      thanks for repsonding, I have foolishly used credit cards to fund two ventures, I have 80k outstanding and have worked night and day to keep up payments for six months, I was paying 2k per month in interest. So I decided to try Matrix for the last 8 months. i do have 2 defaults and RMA, Moorcroft and Egg after me.
      I met someone today to help me do a debt plan.
      I am married with children and just want a good plan to get back on track?
      Vinay

Comment

80K!!! OUCH!!!

When did you take out these cards? Before or after April 2007.

Whilst I cannot condone the route you seem keen to take, I do understand that you are possibly desperate, and this is a course of last resort for you.

But you will understand if I find it incredulous that somebody can throw that sort of money at a failing venture. However, since I don't know your circumstances, I'll try my best not to be judgemental.
        My Blog
        http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

yes these were before April 07, I am not proud of what I am doing as I have always paid my way, is it possible to do a debt plan, I think I will be paying it off forever, so what should I do and where do I go?

Comment

Hiya,

Firstly please can you fill an income and expenditure sheet here Legal Beagles don;t put any personal details on ie name, address etc.

From that we can see how things are for you and hopefully advise you further. It could be that you fit the hardship criteria and if you have charges etc on bank accounts we can help you to claim those back.

Also, can you list all your debts too, we can have a look and see if there's anything we can do on those.

Have you got any charges on your cards ? if so its possible to claim them back too.

Oh and as for using Debt Clearing Agencies, basically thats a total waste of time, you'll just be throwing good money after bad. Stay with us and you can get sorted without the cost (apart from a small donation if you feel you want to of course). Can't guarantee that the debts will be wiped but then neither can these Debt Clearing Agencies no matter what they promise, but we can help to make things a lot more comfortable for you.
            Last edited by Sapphire; 25th September 2009, 08:41:AM.

Comment

thank you,
              Vinay

Comment

Sappy is right of course. And as a last resort I suppose, it may be possible to enter into an IVA. Although I would use one of the free services if it came to that.

At the very least, if there is any doubt at all about the enforcability of any of the agreements, that will put you in a very good bargaining position. I'd assume though that a Full and Final would likely be out of the question, as even a small percentage of £80K is still a huge figure to magic out of thin air.
                My Blog
                http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X