• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HSBC - Desperate Please Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC - Desperate Please Help

HSBC have confirmed in writing over a year ago that they do not have a CCA for my credit card, I have sent them all the template letters as desribed however despite this they continue to chase me for the outstanding amount, they continue to add interest, they continue despite having sent the appropriate data protection template letter to add on a monthly basis information to the CRA's, the engaged a debt collection service, again appropriate template letter sent, they wrote back saying the account was on a temporary hold while they looked in to it, since then more demand, more interest, they are just ignoroing & reply with standard letters, what next please because this has gone on far too long now & needs to come to a conclusion as it really is becoming too much for me especially with the pressure of a recent close family bureavement to deal with, please help me thank you.

Re: HSBC - Desperate Please Help

We need Curly and Co on the case with this one. No doubt he'll be along later. My own thoughts would be, let them take you to court and when you get there your POC will point out all their transgrewssions and wouldn't look good in front of a Judge for them. But best not be hasty, wait until someone in a better mood than me advises lol.
    Is no longer here

Comment

Hiya

I take it you have been following Curly's excellent guide Legal Beagles and that you are basically as far as post #10. If you havn't got that far then send them the letter there, if you have then personally I think its now time to sit back and wait for them to take you to court, and then as Wendy says counterclaim against them and show them for the idiots that they are.

I take it that they are only contacting you via letter and not by phone ?

I'm sorry to hear of your bereavement, please try to relax and concentrate on yourself and family and let these people rot for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
        We need Curly and Co on the case with this one. No doubt he'll be along later. My own thoughts would be, let them take you to court and when you get there your POC will point out all their transgrewssions and wouldn't look good in front of a Judge for them. But best not be hasty, wait until someone in a better mood than me advises lol.
        If no CCA there can be no enforcement, probably Curlyben will be along soon, do not fret, as HSBC are flaunting rules & regulations but can be sorted out:beagle::beagle: as for now do no action and wait for further response on here. Post# 10 may help but check with Curlyben NOTE:- Just a thought if you hear from Metropoliton Credit Services or DG Solicitors they are HSBC in house monkeys.

Comment

I would also be tempted to send them our harassment letter and inform them of your recent bereavement. If they continue to chase you then you can report them to the OFT for breach of their Debt Collection Guidelines

Section 2.2

f. contacting debtors at unreasonable times
          Section 2.6

a. contacting debtors at unreasonable times and at unreasonable intervals
          h. ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are
          disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment
          i. disclosing or threatening to disclose debt details to third parties unless
          legally entitled to do so
          (CRA's)

Section 2.8

i. failing to investigate and/or provide details as appropriate, when a debt is
          queried or disputed, possibly resulting in debtors being wrongly pursued
          k. not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or
          disputed debt.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Subbing with interest - same situation and now Metropolitan Collection!

Comment

WARNING WARNING WARNING - DO NOT TALK TO METROPOLITON ON THE PHONE - ESPECIALLY A CHAP CALLED UDALL - ALL IN WRITING:beagle::beagle:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X