• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tucan Claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tucan Claims

Originally posted by SpringerSpaniel View Post
    Letter to Ken Clarke, Minister for Justice - Ministry of Justice is meant to regulate these companies.
    Thanks.

I know they are meant to do a lot of things lol I will write to a few more too.

Comment

Have just phoned MOJ they have taken details it is being passed to someone who will get back to me on this matter.
      Thanks for input so far.
      Enaid x

Comment

MSE is full of threads from people who's elderly relatives have been skanked by Tucan.

I've sent off the following e-mail to MOJ inviting them to consider suspending their authorisation. If they don't I'm minded to threaten them with Judicial Review proceedings on any decision not too.

Hi Mike

You'll remember that at our meeting Tucan Claims featured heavily in our concerns. Kevin gave us some assurance in implying Tucan were under investigation. The consumer forums on our radar are awash with people who have elderly relatives who have been conned by these people who appear to be targeting the elderly, sick and vulnerable.

The evidence the MOJ has against Tucan must be overwhelming and we would invite you to suspend their authorisation immediately.

Kind regards

Nick

Comment

Thats where I was wanting to head lol to get em finished, I can not imagine what sales patter they gave my dad but he ended up giving his bank details, I would like to know what contract my dad has entered with them, as he should have done this before they take the 'refundable deposit of £249.99', according to their letter.

Comment

Enaid, I emailed last week this MP (with thanks to Exc who posted up the details) who it appears is being proactive in trying to help people such as your dad.
            John Mann MP - | MP Issues Warning On Scam Company | IWC2

Read more at: Tucan Claims - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

I would also get an email off to him as well and lets see how proactive he really is.

Also, you may want to participate in the documentary on CMC's and get your views accross as there will be thousands if not millions out there who are not internet savvy and would not have a clue how to deal with these issues. Let me know as we are really trying to get our points accross to the mass media to be very wary of these sort of companies who prey on the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
              Just phoned these cretins to find out how they got my dads details, spoke to Hannah Verdon inbetween a lot of music.
              She admitted they would have called him and that no money had been taken from his account. I said the money wasn't taken because the bank thankfully blocked the transaction.
              Letters to?
              Rt Hon Kenneth Clarke, MP - the current Minister for Injustice.

Let's try to get their licence revoked.

Comment

Exc has already whipped off an email direct to the MOJ asking for their licence to ne suspended.

I will also write to Rt hon Kenneth Clarke MP- good idea, more the merrier.

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                Rt Hon Kenneth Clarke, MP - the current Minister for Injustice.

Let's try to get their licence revoked.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                  I think that Crimewatch would be a good idea for these thieving gits.
                  Is that instead of or as well as anonymously telling HMRC that the buggers are fiddling their tax returns?

Comment

They just called me because they rang my dad and my dad said to ring me about his card.
                    They started off saying my dad had given the wrong details about his card and could I help them. To say I was livid is an under statement, I was told to visit their website and read all about all their satisfied customers. That complaints on the internet were just that people like complaining if I read who was top of the list it would be Tesco, big surprise there as they are probably the biggest all round company in retail etc.
                    I asked if they had rung my dad was that not cold calling he said 'no' but could not tell me what cold calling was. Only that it was taken the wrong way, he then asked why I was laughing.
                    I asked about the money they had tried to take from his bank and he said it was a deposit, returnable in 14 days if there was no claim. I asked what exactly they could claim for my dad, he said over 1K as my dads credit card would have had interest rate put up without my dad signing a new contract. I said he doesn't have a credit card or if he did he wouldn't know, his reply to that was, well we can only go off what the customer tells us.
                    I told him of my dads condition and he said he didn't ask elderly people if they had Alzheimers when he called them so how would he be expected to know about my dad. I repeated again about cold calling being against the rules and he changed topic lol.
                    He ended up saying they would not be calling my dad again, I said but I will be calling you as I have reported you to the MOJ, I will also be writing to FIS and every other thing with F in I could think of lol.
                    All I can say is TUCAN play dirty so watch this space.
                    Enaid x

Comment

I've just done a Creditsafe check on them, all is not good in their world.

There credit rating has dropped from 34/100 to 8/100 and are rated as 'cash transactions preferred', they also have a lovely CCJ dated 25/5/2100 for £4,321 against them and still outstanding.

James Ryan is also a director of Bioans Ltd formed 7/12/2010 credit rating is 35/100.

Comment

So they are cash strapped and desperate for money by the sounds of it.

What gets me is how do they get hold of the phone number and details of the elderly which seems to be there market.

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                        I've just done a Creditsafe check on them, all is not good in their world.

There credit rating has dropped from 34/100 to 8/100 and are rated as 'cash transactions preferred', they also have a lovely CCJ dated 25/5/2100 for £4,321 against them and still outstanding.

James Ryan is also a director of Bioans Ltd formed 7/12/2010 credit rating is 35/100.
                        Last edited by TUTTSI; 4th October 2011, 06:13:AM.

Comment

They probably buy a database of numbers, then filter it by age.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                            I have reported you to the MOJ, I will also be writing to FIS and every other thing with F in I could think of lol.
                            Including the Folkestone Women's Institute?

All I can say is TUCAN play dirty so watch this space.
                            That does sound like it might be fun.

Can anyone take part?
                            Last edited by CleverClogs; 4th October 2011, 07:32:AM.

Comment

Tuts - I'm doing the MOJ report and I'm on Enaid's run-in with Tucan. With regard to the deposit being client money, I've checked the OFT site and as far as I can see you don't need a client account license as such but just need to account for it in a particular way.

Is that right?

Comment

They definately need to hold a separate clients's account if it is a returnable deposit and account for this in their accounts.

I still believe they need an OFT licence but if you say they don't I will will accept what you say. Below is a definative list which requires businesses to hold a credit licence.
                                Do I need a credit licence?

The OFT cannot tell you if you need a licence, or which categories you need.
                                You are likely to need a credit licence if you:
                                • sell goods or provide service on credit
                                • hire or lease out goods for more than three months
                                • lend money
                                • arrange credit for others
                                • offer hire purchase terms
                                • collect debts or purchase debts
                                • help people with debt problems
                                • advise people of, or help them find information on, their credit standing
                                • administer agreements (but do not collect debts).
                                Even if you don't charge for your services or are non-profit making, or you don't do these activities all the time, you may still need a licence.
                                You are not likely to need a credit licence if you are:
                                • only planning to accept credit cards issued by other businesses
                                • only deal with limited companies.
                                For more information see Do I need a credit licence? (pdf 204kb)
                                If you are still unsure if your business needs a licence you can also refer to the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (external website) or seek independent advice.

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                                Tuts - I'm doing the MOJ report and I'm on Enaid's run-in with Tucan. With regard to the deposit being client money, I've checked the OFT site and as far as I can see you don't need a client account license as such but just need to account for it in a particular way.

Is that right?
                                Last edited by TUTTSI; 26th October 2011, 10:57:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X