• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tucan Claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tucan Claims

TBD, you'd be even more mad if you read their website:
    Tucan Claims - Reclaim mis sold PPI and Unfair Credit Charges

Do you know which law was changed?

"It has been concluded that Payment Protection Insurance provides additional sources of profit for the Financial Industry rather than protecting the consumer which is why PPI refunds are being given which is why the Government has changed the Law which now entitles consumers to a full refund plus interest."

There's BS then there is this pile of crap.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I took a call a week or three ago, claiming that my debts could be "virtually wiped out by a little-known piece of government legislation". Leaving to one side the question of whence legislation might have come if not from the government, I asked the oaf exactly which law he had in mind.

His immediate reply was that it was "the Consumer Credit Act 1985".

My response was that it was certainly very little known, as that seems to have eluded even the compilers of the Statute Law Database.

"So what are you saying, sir?" asked the imbecile.

"I am saying that, as there is no such law, whoever compiled your script is an idiot, a liar or both and that I will not waste another breath on dealing with such patent nonsense." - and I hung up on him.

Comment

I've received a response from them on the government change of law.

Their response is as follows:

"I can confirm that the changes referred to are the Finacial Services Authority provisions for handling redress. Specifically, Handling Payment Protection Insurance complaints, (DISP App 3). This was due to be changed in October 2010, however, a number of banks launched a legal challenge in the form of a judicial review against the FSA and the ombudsman service on the approach to PPI complaints handling. Judgement was handed down in APril 2011 rejecting the banks' challenge and endorsing the approach taken by the FSA and the FOS. "

They don't it do they? The above is not a change in the law, the rules were due to be changed in December 2010 not October so it looks like these guys don't know what they are doing. The response was from their sales manager.....I have responded and asked them to remove that bit since the Government didn't change the law and their website is misleading.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          I took a call a week or three ago, claiming that my debts could be "virtually wiped out by a little-known piece of government legislation". Leaving to one side the question of whence legislation might have come if not from the government, I asked the oaf exactly which law he had in mind.

His immediate reply was that it was "the Consumer Credit Act 1985".

My response was that it was certainly very little known, as that seems to have eluded even the compilers of the Statute Law Database.

"So what are you saying, sir?" asked the imbecile.

"I am saying that, as there is no such law, whoever compiled your script is an idiot, a liar or both and that I will not waste another breath on dealing with such patent nonsense." - and I hung up on him.
          They should be prosecuted under the Protection Against B*ll**** Act 1997!
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
            I've received a response from them on the government change of law; their response is as follows:
            Originally posted by Tucan chief sales-jerk
            "I can confirm that the changes referred to are the Finacial Services Authority provisions for handling redress. Specifically, Handling Payment Protection Insurance complaints, (DISP App 3). This was due to be changed in October 2010, however, a number of banks launched a legal challenge in the form of a judicial review against the FSA and the ombudsman service on the approach to PPI complaints handling. Judgement was handed down in APril 2011 rejecting the banks' challenge and endorsing the approach taken by the FSA and the FOS. "
            They don't [get] it do they? The above is not a change in the law, the rules were due to be changed in December 2010 not October so it looks like these guys don't know what they are doing. The response was from their sales manager.....
            I'm sure they have some idea of what they're doing - they're just telling the fibs they've been told to tell.

Ergo: he's not a man, he's a mouth!

I have responded and asked them to remove that bit since the Government didn't change the law and their website is misleading.
            Have you ever known a claim management company with a non-misleading website?

Has any of them yet explained how legislation might not have come from the government?

Comment

I hope you are forwarding copies of this to the CMR.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Following my conversation today with the production company they have asked me to find someone who has used a Claims Management Company where they have been asked to pay upfront fees, then have been asked to pay further fees to continue with their claim which has then put them in a vunerable situation pushing them into a hardship situation. Can you please urgently PM me if this has happened to you and you would be prepared to take part.

Read more at: Help Required Urgently With Cmc's - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigat...-ppi-deal.html

Please read this article and be warned - fo not entertain this company. No one should ever pay upfront fees and especially when they may possibly not have any legit claim. There are good CMC's out there who will fo the work and take payment later once they have recovered money for you.
                Last edited by TUTTSI; 6th September 2011, 07:49:AM. Reason: added link from Daily Mirror

Comment

Looks like Tucan cold called the wrong fella.

John Mann MP - | MP Issues Warning On Scam Company | IWC2

Comment

I am still astounded that anyone has been deceived by this company.

After all, the one distinguishing feature one associates with a toucan is a ruddy big bill:

Comment

I am going to get into contact with John Mann MP, to ask him if he knows of anyone that has parted with money to this company otherwise known as a victim to let me know if they would be prepared to appear in the documentary.

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                      Looks like Tucan cold called the wrong fella.

John Mann MP - | MP Issues Warning On Scam Company | IWC2

Comment

I was just at my dads picking him up to take him day centre. When i went in he was on the phone and all worked up.
                        He asked me to take over the phone call as he was very confused, I did it was his bank, It had started with an automated call form them checking to see if a payment of £249.99 to Tucan Claims was ok to go through, they had tried 3 times to collect the money. Luckily Santander(I will be writing to thank them be it the norm or not to ring customers) have now blocked the requests and they are changing his debit card.
                        My dad doesn't know if Tucan called him or he called them he has a letter from them about claiming compensation I have attached it below. My dad is 85 with Alzeimers as some of you know and somehow thye gtot his details and then got his bank details and hey presto tried to take his money. I am more than upset about this as he really didn't know what was happening.
                        I need to take this further and am open to suggestions please as to just how i can make them suffer.
                        Thanks Enaid x
                        Last edited by enaid; 4th October 2011, 06:47:AM.

Comment

Just phoned these cretins to find out how they got my dads details, spoke to Hannah Verdon inbetween a lot of music.
                          She admitted they would have called him and that no money had been taken from his account. I said the money wasn't taken because the bank thankfully blocked the transaction.
                          Letters to?

Comment

Thank god you stopped the payments before they got any funds from your dads account. As for letters to, I'd follow Tuttsi's guidelines for that, although I think that Crimewatch would be a good idea for these thieving gits.

Comment

The f***kers.

Comment

Letter to Ken Clarke, Minister for Justice - Ministry of Justice is meant to regulate these companies.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X