• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tucan Claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tucan Claims

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
    Well it looks like tucan are now tucant.

I just hope that all the people they scammed and now owed money for the upfront feees have now been repaid, or is that to much to ask for. Most of those people were pensioners and got sucked in.

Wouldn't hold yer breath

In a ruling by its General Regulatory Chamber, it said: "[Tucan Claims] will use its best endeavours to ascertain a complete list of outstanding refunds.
    "[Tucan Claims] will pay all outstanding refunds, which it has knowledge of, within five weeks of the date of this decision."
    The company lodged its application to go into administration the day before the outstanding refunds were due, and the administration order was granted on 28 May.

Comment

That's sounds very much like avoidance to me. Is the Office of the Official Receiver and Insolvency Service involved?
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Just to confirm Tucan have had their authorisation cancelled now (finally) by the MOJ

Tucan Claims Ltd (In Administrat... Gloucestershire Financial products/services, Per... Authorisation Cancelled 12/07/2012
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Another one bites the dust!
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

and by Tucan going into administration when they did this CMC got away with without paying back the very people as they should have done as instructed by the MOJ. The people that suffered at their hands were especially the elderly and the vunerable who were scammed.

The MOJ acted to slowly and too late to stop the level of scamming that this company did.

This is not the only CMC doing this type of scam and they are allowed to get away with it and it is about time that the MOJ act a lot faster in bringing these people to justice.
            Last edited by TUTTSI; 19th July 2012, 21:10:PM.

Comment

Could the Ministry of Injustice or the Minister himself be sued for complicity in this scam?

Comment

Just adding to this thread an article from June 2012

We're watching you

The claims management company merry-go-round never seems to stop.

On May 13, I warned against Tucan Claims, which charged customers big upfront fees, but then did nothing or failed to hand over compensation paid by the banks for payment protection insurance mis-selling.

Bristol-based Tucan collapsed into administration, but as I reported on May 27, boss Melfyn Roberts had already jumped ship and become a director of DWS Claims, which was also demanding upfront fees.

Now DWS, based in Chepstow, Monmouthshire, has hit the rocks. Its website says that due to ‘temporary disruption’ to its phone lines, customers should contact a new company, My PPI Claim Limited, in Manchester.

The boss of the new business – granted a licence by the Ministry of Justice in mid-May – is Eric Fairweather. And he is also the owner of Grass Roots Financial, a claims company that has already been investigated by regulators and had special conditions attached to its licence two years ago.

The Ministry of Justice, which regulates claims firms, says: ‘We are aware of the links between Tucan Claims, My PPI and Grass Roots.

‘Our investigations are continuing and appropriate steps are being taken using the powers available to us to deal with any business malpractice and to secure the best possible protection for consumers.’

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/e...#ixzz2mt02l2Y6
                Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X