• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hardship claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardship claims

hi new to this forum. istarted hardhsip claim in jun09 and had usual letters from Lloyds TSB saying they agree in in hardship but will have to wait for test case. had final response so sent everything to FO with IE form and all papaerwork showing arrears on mortgage and secured loan also arrears with personal loan with Lloyds and unautherised overdraft of £1600. OF agree with Lloyds that they are doing enough to help me as the have stopped charges and am in dmp paying loan and overdraft. Lloyds have stopped charges because they closed the account. am no longer in dmp as cannot afford it.have to concentrate on mortgage and secured loan to try not to loose house. can i ask FO to review my case. have untill 25/9/09 to respond.

Re: hardship claims

Yes you can appeal to the ombudsman to review your case, explain the DMP has stopped and your circumstances, and cc your letter to the bank.

Regarding your DMP, why did you have to stop ? was it through a charity or a fee paying service ?

How much is the outstanding on the overdraft (£1600?) and how much is charges that you are claiming ?

Whats the position on the loan, has it been defaulted , sent to a DCA or is it still with Lloyd's ?

You are doing the right thing concentrating on the mortgage and secured loan payments.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi thanks for your reply. the unautherised overdraft is all bank charges as i stopped all direct debits and transactions 20 months ago. the dmp was with gregory pennington startes jan08. looked into it more closley and realised that out of the £200 a month i was paying £45 was taken for admin and ppi(which i didn't know i had). they also set me up with a bank account called think banking who were charging me £12.50 a month. i originally went to them to get out of debt but realised i wasn't paying my priority debts first. the LLoyds loan is now with a solicitor but am in middle of claiming missold ppi on that.
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      sorry forgot to say am claiming app. £13000 charges inc interest
      Last edited by quinnc; 15th September 2009, 17:14:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Gregory Pennington sold you PPI ?

get that back for starters.

£13,000 charges inc interest ?

think banking - are you still with them ? (they do the two accounts thing don't they where one is for bills and the remainder is moved to a 'spending' account ?)

so this debt plan you got into with GP ended up costing you £57.50 a month - how helpful of them lol. i can understand you doing it though its just nice to get a breather and have it in someone elses hands for a while.

who do you bank with now ? and have you made any private arrangements with your creditors to pay anything each month ?

it is hard to say exactly what the chances are of getting through on financial hardship without seeing your income and expenditure sheet - have you redone this recently - you'll need to update it to appeal to the FOS with the new circumstances of not having the DMP and the lloyds loan being with the solicitors.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I now have a basic account with HSBC and am in the middle of sorting out arrangements with creditors as only cancelled dmp in august. need to do another I&E form. i am a single mum and earn £900 mnth after tax. get family tax credit and child tax credit with family allawance which is £560 mnth. at moment paying £750mnth in mortgage and secured loan and £112mnth council tax.paying £150mnth gas and electric prepayment but that's without the central heating on. will do a full I&E form and post it on. don't have any luxeries such as computer(am using one at work) sky or car(had to let go of car over a year ago). have also bus fare for school and college also dinner monies for kids as well as clothes(primark) and food and have to pay life insurance but cannot afford home or contents insurance. thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

Thank you thats usually the best place to start.

And well done for taking it back over yourself, you also have the option of going to CCCS to help with the unsecured creditors.

We'll have a look at the IE then see what we can go back to the FOS with.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X