• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Don't Get Done Get Dom - looking for issues for Dom to take on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Get Done Get Dom - looking for issues for Dom to take on

If you are interested in either option or want to get in touch with Dominic Littlewood, please get in touch via our London office by email to dom@flametv.co.uk

Do you have a consumer issue you are struggling to resolve ?

Would you like the extra help and weight of having Domonic Littlewood behind your complaint?

Would you like to publicise your issue on national television ?

This can be ANY kind of consumer problem.

If you would like Dom to help with your consumer issue can you let either Enaid or myself know with your contact details and an outline of your case and we can pass your information on to Dom.

Alternatively you can contact them directly by clicking this link BBC One - Don't Get Done Get Dom

Don't Get Done Get Dom

Dominic Littlewood fights for consumers' rights and passes on the tricks of the trade to save cash on the high street.
    Consumer television series for the BBC. Over 4 series Dominic Littlewood has taken on some of the biggest names in town to sort out the domestic disasters of frustrated homeowners

Community Problems
    If you have consumer problem affecting your community then maybe Dom can help. Or if you have any comments or questions about any of our productions please get in touch.

Consumer Problems
    Have you have a bad experience with a company? Do you think you are not alone? Let us know the details and Dom maybe able to help by taking group actions to get a result.

If you are interested in either option or want to get in touch with Dominic Littlewood, please get in touch via our London office by email to dom@flametv.co.uk

Watch Online
    Visit the BBC site to see when this is next on or watch online on the iplayer (UK only)
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Don't Get Done Get Dom - looking for issues for Dom to take on

bump
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Wonder if he regrets NOT helping me with my consumer issue of Bank charges in January 2006 cause it was to big of an issue.
      Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
      Me VS Abbey Win
      BIL HSBC Credit Card
      BIL EGG
      BIL HSBC Loan
      BIL PPI Win

Comment

pmsl did you ask him ?
        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yep, some russian sounding researcher lassie spent ages with me discussing it before deciding it was too big of an issue to deal with. Think her name was Natalia.
          Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
          Me VS Abbey Win
          BIL HSBC Credit Card
          BIL EGG
          BIL HSBC Loan
          BIL PPI Win

Comment

Consumer problems - TV Appeal for information

Good morning all

Dominic Littelwood the television consumer champion is looking for people who have had very bad experiences with any companies,[finance or otherwise], retailers or authorities.

Anyone who knows Dom will know that he is true champion of the consumer.

His e-mail address is: dom@flametv.co.uk, his telephone number is 0207 598 7210. Please send all info as soon as possible.

Many thanks.

Dougal

Comment

Originally posted by Mochamoo
              Yep, some russian sounding researcher lassie spent ages with me discussing it before deciding it was too big of an issue to deal with. Think her name was Natalia.
              I think you might mean Naphtalia, who is a BBC Researcher for The One Show

naphtalia.loderick@bbc.co.uk

Comment

Don't Get Done Get Dom

Consumer champion Dominic Littlewood is back for another series of the BBC show Don't Get Done Get Dom.

Have you been treated unfairly by a company or organisation? Maybe you’ve tried complaining, but feel like you’re getting nowhere – or perhaps you don’t know where to begin?

Dom wants to help you. Email me with details to dom@flametv.co.uk or call 0207 598 7210

Comment

Re: Don't Get Done Get Dom

We're still looking for people who might have a consumer story that they think we should hear.

If you would like Dom's help with your problem then get in touch on dom@flametv.co.uk or call on 0207 598 7210

Comment

Dear Dom, On 27 May 2010, I applied for my PPl from Black Horse with Belmont Thornton Acting for me, I received a reply saying 0n 12 June 2010,stating they were looking at my claim. Then on 25 July 2010, I was told no claim to answer so case is closed, but was given an address for a Financial Ombudsman. On 14 August 2010, I wrote to Financial Omsbudsman, then on 4 December 2010, I was told to sign a form for my successful claim. On the 2 March 2011 I received a cheque direct from Black horse for £2572.31, no invoice or letter. So I left it in the Bank for a month or so, Expecting to pay Someone something. Not a word or anything.Then on 1 July 2013, I got a letter from Belmont Thornton asking me For £ 771.70, as their bill for work done, (28 months later.) I rang them and complained but was told if I didn't pay they would send in the Debt Collection Agency, I have paid the bill in full now, as I felt threatened, but I would like to know if there is anyway to help me redress this thing. I don't believe Belmont Thornton did all it should, As I had to get the Financial Ombudsman involved myself. and why has it took them 28 months to bill me, I am a 74 yr old pensioner, on a fixed income, If they had billed me when I recieved the money it wouldn't have been a problem.

Yours most sincerely Ron Young (personal email address removed)

Comment

Originally posted by ronpyoung
                      Dear Dom, On 27 May 2010, I applied for my PPl from Black Horse with Belmont Thornton Acting for me, I received a reply saying 0n 12 June 2010,stating they were looking at my claim. Then on 25 July 2010, I was told no claim to answer so case is closed, but was given an address for a Financial Ombudsman. On 14 August 2010, I wrote to Financial Omsbudsman, then on 4 December 2010, I was told to sign a form for my successful claim. On the 2 March 2011 I received a cheque direct from Black horse for £2572.31, no invoice or letter. So I left it in the Bank for a month or so, Expecting to pay Someone something. Not a word or anything.Then on 1 July 2013, I got a letter from Belmont Thornton asking me For £ 771.70, as their bill for work done, (28 months later.) I rang them and complained but was told if I didn't pay they would send in the Debt Collection Agency, I have paid the bill in full now, as I felt threatened, but I would like to know if there is anyway to help me redress this thing. I don't believe Belmont Thornton did all it should, As I had to get the Financial Ombudsman involved myself. and why has it took them 28 months to bill me, I am a 74 yr old pensioner, on a fixed income, If they had billed me when I recieved the money it wouldn't have been a problem.

Yours most sincerely Ron Young (ronpyoung@btinternet.com)
                      Hello ronpyoung.

I think you should send your message again but to dom@flametv.co.uk in case it is not seen on here.

good luck.

QCK

Comment

Hi Dom My niece and I were booking a Christmas Vacation to the Red Sea Eygpt, over the internet via directline holidays, upon finding one that suited our needs with the reference number, it asked as to phone directline instead to book over the phone. This we proceeded to do on the 14th instant, I, Christine spoke to a rep called lucy who after misreading the booking reference number, which I corrected, proceeded to go through the details of the holiday. But during this call the rep Lucy quoted 20th September, instead of December, me being deaf which I reiterated to
                        Lucy I was going deaf, on the telephone just said yes, as I misheard what she stated. The rep then requested full payment then and there without us seeing any paperwork or signing anything. I passed her on to my niece Kim who proceeded to go through all the details, but with all the information being toing and froing, failed to pick up on the fact that she had stated September instead of December. Lucy The Directline Rep then stated that we would be sent an e.mail five minutes later confirming all the details and booking reference to our holiday. An email, was received but we were unable to access it NO MATTER WHAT WE TRIED, UNTIL THREE DAYS LATER, following the clearance of the transaction of £2,324.00 from my nieces bank. WE WERE ONLY ABLE TO ACCESS IT ON THE 16TH INSTANT, where we noticed the clerical error.

On the day of the original telephone booking we tried to contact them by email to let them know that we could not access our detail of the booking, where we still have not yet received a reply. On the 16th instant upon checking our bank and noticing the money had been deducted, we immediately phoned them about the error. Where we were told they had to listen to the recording, as we were sure we had told them 20Th December, especially with the original booking reference from the net. Only to find that when we heard the recording neither of us has stated either month, and that it was Lucy who stated September.

We were then told to pay £2620.00 to go in December by a rep called Rena Costa, then she further went on to state that if we cancelled, we would get £731.10p back only and could book a new holiday for December for £3200.00 totalling our holiday cost £5324.00 for a weeks holiday.

Due to the fact that I am a single working parent who has not had a holiday with my children in the last eight years, I was devastated, by this information. I felt that IF I COULD HAVE ACCESSED MY BOOKING DETAILS ON THE SAME DAY AS I PAID IN FULL, THEN I WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CORRECT IT. I have since written a letter, to them giving them seven days stating it was their error, as we originally thought we had said December, but in fact we had not stated any date. We were even ameniable that we were quite prepared to pay the extra cost but NOT £2620 which was suppose to be amin costs or £3200.00 for another holiday on top of what we had already paid.
                        How do we stand as we are all extremely devastated especially the children who were looking forward to their first holiday. I as single working parent cannot afford to lose £2324.00. PLEASE HELP US AS WE NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN

KIND REGARDS

Comment

Originally posted by chrisknight63
                          Hi Dom My niece and I were booking a Christmas Vacation to the Red Sea Eygpt, over the internet via directline holidays, upon finding one that suited our needs with the reference number, it asked as to phone directline instead to book over the phone. This we proceeded to do on the 14th instant, I, Christine spoke to a rep called lucy who after misreading the booking reference number, which I corrected, proceeded to go through the details of the holiday. But during this call the rep Lucy quoted 20th September, instead of December, me being deaf which I reiterated to
                          Lucy I was going deaf, on the telephone just said yes, as I misheard what she stated. The rep then requested full payment then and there without us seeing any paperwork or signing anything. I passed her on to my niece Kim who proceeded to go through all the details, but with all the information being toing and froing, failed to pick up on the fact that she had stated September instead of December. Lucy The Directline Rep then stated that we would be sent an e.mail five minutes later confirming all the details and booking reference to our holiday. An email, was received but we were unable to access it NO MATTER WHAT WE TRIED, UNTIL THREE DAYS LATER, following the clearance of the transaction of £2,324.00 from my nieces bank. WE WERE ONLY ABLE TO ACCESS IT ON THE 16TH INSTANT, where we noticed the clerical error.

On the day of the original telephone booking we tried to contact them by email to let them know that we could not access our detail of the booking, where we still have not yet received a reply. On the 16th instant upon checking our bank and noticing the money had been deducted, we immediately phoned them about the error. Where we were told they had to listen to the recording, as we were sure we had told them 20Th December, especially with the original booking reference from the net. Only to find that when we heard the recording neither of us has stated either month, and that it was Lucy who stated September.

We were then told to pay £2620.00 to go in December by a rep called Rena Costa, then she further went on to state that if we cancelled, we would get £731.10p back only and could book a new holiday for December for £3200.00 totalling our holiday cost £5324.00 for a weeks holiday.

Due to the fact that I am a single working parent who has not had a holiday with my children in the last eight years, I was devastated, by this information. I felt that IF I COULD HAVE ACCESSED MY BOOKING DETAILS ON THE SAME DAY AS I PAID IN FULL, THEN I WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CORRECT IT. I have since written a letter, to them giving them seven days stating it was their error, as we originally thought we had said December, but in fact we had not stated any date. We were even ameniable that we were quite prepared to pay the extra cost but NOT £2620 which was suppose to be amin costs or £3200.00 for another holiday on top of what we had already paid.
                          How do we stand as we are all extremely devastated especially the children who were looking forward to their first holiday. I as single working parent cannot afford to lose £2324.00. PLEASE HELP US AS WE NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN

KIND REGARDS
                          Hello chrisknight63

I think you should send your message again but to dom@flametv.co.uk in case it is not seen on here.

good luck.

QCK

Comment

Lucy I was going deaf, on the telephone just said yes, as I misheard what she stated. The rep then requested full payment then and there without us seeing any paperwork or signing anything. I passed her on to my niece Kim who proceeded to go through all the details, but with all the information being toing and froing, failed to pick up on the fact that she had stated September instead of December. Lucy The Directline Rep then stated that we would be sent an e.mail five minutes later confirming all the details and booking reference to our holiday. An email, was received but we were unable to access it until three days later, following the clearance of the transaction of £2,324.00 from my nieces bank. We were only able to access it on the 16th, where we noticed the clerical error.

On the day of the original telephone booking we tried to contact them by email to let them know that we could not access our detail of the booking, where we still have not yet received a reply. On the 16th instant upon checking our bank and noticing the money had been deducted, we immediately phoned them about the error. Where we were told they had to listen to the recording, as we were sure we had told them20Th December, especially with the original booking reference from the net. Only to find that when we heard the recording neither of us has stated either month, and that it was Lucy who stated September.

Due to the fact that I am a single working parent who has not had a holiday with my children in the last eight years, I was devastated, by this information. I felt that IF I COULD HAVE ACCESSED MY BOOKING DETAILS ON THE SAME DAY AS I PAID IN FULL, THEN I WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CORRECT IT. I have since written a letter, to them giving them seven days stating it was their error, as we originally thought we had said December, but in fact we had not stated any date. Only agreed to what we were unable see. We were even ameniable that we were quite prepared to pay the extra cost but NOT £2620 which was suppose to be amin costs or £3200.00 for another holiday on top of what we had already paid.

KIND REGARDS

Comment

Hi Thank you for your quick reply, but Im new to this site and not computer literate so how do I pass this message on to Dom from here thanking you once again.
                              Chris & Kim

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X