• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Commentary on Barclays FirstPlus Loans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Commentary on Barclays FirstPlus Loans?

"Class Action" is perhaps more for the Americans...........

The FOS are "still" looking into some of the more serious complaints........the FCA have spoken with the licensee over said matters but in reality have done nothing........

There are lots of discussions that are going nowhere, they, lack direction on what has merit.

Comment

Fred I agree. If legal effort/action was put into this issue with the same energy that people use when discussing BFP we would likely have a result today.

We all know that many are suffering and fearful of future rate rises but Elderbridge also know that if the courts were inundated with repossessions due to high rates they would start to incur the wrath of judges who themselves would apply pressure upon the regulators who may also have to do something.
      So we all have to stop commenting about what our issues are and start commenting when we have a result or an idea for action.
      We cannot reply upon FCA or ombudsman as we have seen in writing where they have stayed they don't wish to upset the financial sector.
      We all know what BFP have done is immoral but it has to be proven that it is also illegal or unlawful before we can attain a result.

Class action is available in UK but I believe a county court win for one complainant would be sufficient, followed with press coverage of a win and a release on how OFT didn't want to take action.

The FCA would then jump in with its big stick for the consumer for fear of being dragged in and criticised
      The true measure of economics is not wealth but happiness

Comment

We have a ruling from court over the "unfair interest term" it is very encouraging for us because the term covers most of FP loans. The sad thing about it is, it only engaged UTCCR 5.1 with the judge not being able to asses under the CCA 140 "unfair relationships, the ruling however beneficial was only at district level.

Do you know of this along with the OFT disclosure ?

Comment

That's goods news
          Do you have the link to the ruling?
          The true measure of economics is not wealth but happiness

Comment

Also note;

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...lus+disclosure
            Last edited by Fred; 21st February 2017, 22:48:PM.

Comment

I am new to the thread and site- am a BFP/Elderbridge customer -did complain myself to FOS/OFT a few years ago after some advice from CAB but got no where as was told FP hadn't done anything wrong and had no complaint to answer - fobbed off really- I am always worried about this loan and the lack of statements or actual confirmation of what is owed/charges etc- I have read the docs on the link but don't truly understand what I am reading and so don't know if there is anything further that can be done(which scares me) - have just contacted EB to see what documentation they can provide for me to start this again with them ....any advice to this novice would be a great help- thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Netty1 View Post
                I am new to the thread and site- am a BFP/Elderbridge customer -did complain myself to FOS/OFT a few years ago after some advice from CAB but got no where as was told FP hadn't done anything wrong and had no complaint to answer - fobbed off really- I am always worried about this loan and the lack of statements or actual confirmation of what is owed/charges etc- I have read the docs on the link but don't truly understand what I am reading and so don't know if there is anything further that can be done(which scares me) - have just contacted EB to see what documentation they can provide for me to start this again with them ....any advice to this novice would be a great help- thank you
                I am sure we can help you get a strong letter off to Elderbridge if you so wish, a copy of T&Cs would be nice to see, date of loan agreement, how much (roughly), interest rate @ inception/now, details of increases & any other changes please.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X