• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mochamoo vs Egg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mochamoo vs Egg

again just for me to keep track of dates

prelim reclaim letter sent today
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Re: Mochamoo vs Egg

My 8% has just tripled ..... just to check if I cancel the card I can pay it off at my current rate until it gone??? or will they up the rate anyway?

Dear Miss MOCHAMOO

At Egg we regularly review all of our customer interest rates taking into consideration the following factors:
    • Our costs for providing credit in the current economic environment.
    • Customers' credit profiles and how accounts have been managed since they were opened.

Following a recent review, we're making some changes to your Egg Card agreement, amending the interest rate you pay. Please read the information below to see how these changes affect you.

A summary of the changes effective from 7 October 2009
    Your new APR is 21.9% (variable) (Condition 3).
    The new standard variable annual interest rate for Purchases and Balance Transfers is 21.9% and for Cash Advances the standard variable annual interest rate is 25.9% (Condition 4.1).
    This means that Condition 6, which gives an example for the total charge for credit, is changed to reflect your new purchase rate. This will now be £167.43.

The estimated interest shown on your next statement might not reflect the above changes to your rates, but will be reflected on future statements. To check what interest rates currently apply to you, log in to 'your accounts' at www.egg.com select 'view' next to your 'Egg Card' balance, followed by the 'Statements' option. Then choose 'more details about your Egg Card'.

You have a choice
    If you do not wish to accept the changes to your interest rates, you can choose to cancel your card and pay off your balance at your current rates instead (in accordance with your card terms). You'll need to pay at least the minimum monthly repayment until the balance is repaid in full.

To take up this option, please contact us before 3 October 2009 by sending us a secure message, selecting 'Egg Card – Opt out' from the drop-down menu confirming your decision.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Comment

I had one like this as well for A&L

I think what it means is if you want to stay at the lower rate you must not use the card anymore - just tear it up and sent it back.

however you are agreeing to pay the minimum payment - what would happen if you try to come to an arangement through a payment plan?
      Makes you sick doesnt it - kick people when they are down.

How can it help them get monies repaid when they put up interest on people that are struggling.
      :rolleyes2:
      "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Is this across the board or just for certain groups of people?

this from a post in March when they last played this trick on peeps

Give them notice before 6th March, that you are not in agreement to the new charges, in which case you will no longer be able to use the card as normal, but the interest will be frozen on your outstanding balance at the old existing rate of 16.9%, until such time as the payments made clear the frozen balance outstanding. then the account will be closed.Therefore if you want to only pay interest at the old 16.9% rate until your balance is cleared, you must send them a secure email, or write sent by recorded delivery...remember if you do this any other use of the card is terminated.
        Last edited by Amethyst; 2nd September 2009, 15:31:PM.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

pffft just fell off me chair laughing.... letter from egg saying they have never ever applied charges to my account next letter was notice of more charges from egg lol

My Hardship Claim
          Me VS Abbey Win
          BIL HSBC Credit Card
          BIL EGG
          BIL HSBC Loan
          BIL PPI Win

Comment

ummming and arring over this one. Just read the letter properly and it is titled 'Final review and decision'

It says they have never applied charges to my account but I can see 3 lots of £16 charges on last months account, I know that is only about £50 but that is a lot of money to me at the moment.

Do I go with LBA and point out they have charged me or go straight to the ombudsman?

My Hardship Claim
            Me VS Abbey Win
            BIL HSBC Credit Card
            BIL EGG
            BIL HSBC Loan
            BIL PPI Win

Comment

I would do the LBA, pointing out that *with reference to para xx, you state that you have never applied charges to this account. However this is plainly contradicted by statements, copies of which are attached for your perusal, which plainly show charges totalling xxx since xxxdate"
              Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X