• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

csa help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• csa help

I know this maybe a touchy subject with some people but i could do with some advice.
    I split with my partner over 2 years ago when she decided the grass was greener on the other side and moved out with my two children to pursue another relationship.
    I have been paying maintenance after the family home was sold and the morgage and joint debts before this. I have moved on from this and met somebody new and recently had a baby boy but at the weekend csa got in touch claiming money from January after her new partner lost his job, the trouble is the amount they want leaves me £300 short over what i earn, even if i get rid of my car and bike to work ill be no better off as i cant collect my chuldren and my csa will be pushed up another £80 per month, im not a dead beat dad but it seems the current system is forcing me down that route, im ay my wits end and really dont know what i can do about it, i have appealled but the csa payments will be coming out of my wage regardless.

Re: csa help

Hi Zigzag,

I am not sure thet they can ask for more than you can afford, have you used their online calculator, it gives a good idea of how much you should be paying, it can be accessed by clicking their logo
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, unfortunatly the csa are a law unto themselves

Comment

dont they have some type of ombudsman you can appeal to? surely your new baby should come into the equation as well?

I did not realise what you paid was dependany on your exs income - I thought it would just be a set rate you paid for your children that would be a constant figure.
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        crickey - see what you mean just checked web site- even the info on how you complain is enough to put you off-

have you tried this link?

http://www.cmoptions.org/
        Last edited by scoobydoo; 27th August 2009, 19:40:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Hi

They should give you an amount as protected earnings that can't be touched and then payments to them are made out of the excess. If after the protected earnings amount there is not enough to cover what they say you have to pay then your employer needs to inform them.

We have just gone through this at the place I work. My boss phoned and told them that the employee did not have enough after the protected earnings and the csa said ok just send what you can.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X