• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

address for the county courts claim agaisnt Nationwide building society

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• address for the county courts claim agaisnt Nationwide building society

Hi there,

Can some one advise me with the correct address for my local court to send the claim against banks unfair charges refunds to Nationwide building Society plaese?
    I have a feeling that the address which I used for this purpose is incorrect cos recently they have refused my claim under the hardship on I/E form. This form was sent by NW as a direct result of court issuing a claim on my behalf. i used the address below.

Account Maintainance
    Refund of the Charges Team
    Moulton Park
    Northampton
    NN3 6NW
    Please alos advise me what to do now, If I instruct the courts further, what will be the outcome??
    regards

Re: address for the county courts claim agaisnt Nationwide building society

hi Sal

not surei understand where you are at with this claim at the moment.

You claimed hardship with nationwide and they have refused. have you already entered a claim in the county court ?

The court addresses can be found on Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home
    but before you enter any claim can we go through your circumstances and claim a little more ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      hi Sal

You claimed hardship with nationwide and they have refused. have you already entered a claim in the county court ?

but before you enter any claim can we go through your circumstances and claim a little more ?
      Hi Amethyst,

I have been refused by NW under the financial hardship claim back in February09. I then put a claim under the small claim in my local county against both NW and RBS to recover the charges. NW received my claim and sent me I/E sheet to fill out which i did and sent away. but NW refused it once again saying that I have enough money coming in. Although, I live on DLA money and my bank NW some times takes the DLA money to recover their charges!

Similiarly RBS refused to refund any charges making their position clear once again after receiving a claim letter issued by a county courts against them (you have answered my query on RBS in the thread earlier today,Thnax).

Please see the attched reply from NW in response to receiving I/E form,
      Last edited by sal09; 25th August 2009, 23:18:PM. Reason: very small print for the uploaded doc

Comment

All claims for charges in the county courts are being stayed pending the OFT test case. You can still try for hardship, although they have refused you it might be worth trying with NW and RBS again. Can you fill in IE sheet or scan up the one you have already filled in? The more detail we have the better we will be able to advise.

If they are taking your DLA in charges then probably best for you to open a new basic account to have the DLA paid into and set up new direct debits from, then come to an arrangemnt with NW and RBS to pay off any overdraft at a rate you can afford. By putting the account in dispute you should be ale to get them to freeze any furhter charges and interest, although they don't always comply easily.

And the scans are still very small, can't read the 2nd letter at all.
        Last edited by WendyB; 25th August 2009, 23:32:PM.
        Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
          If you hover your mouse over the attachment (after clicking it to read it) you get a little magnifying glass with a plus sign in it - click on the attachment again and it will become big enough to read.

Comment

Okay

They have turned you down for hardship as you have more income going into your account than you have stated on your statement of means.

Can you work out what this is ? Are they accounting for some temporary income payment or money you have taken out and paid back in ? Or simply a benefit or income you have forgotten to put on the form ?

To assess your situation fully to see if it is worth you fighting hardship we would need to see your IE and go through your circumstances.

You court claim will be put on hold as court do not deal with hardship - thats simply a banks/fsa waiver/ banking code issue as opposed to a legal issue.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

All claims for charges in the county courts are being stayed pending the OFT test case. You can still try for hardship, although they have refused you it might be worth trying with NW and RBS again. Can you fill in IE sheet or scan up the one you have already filled in? The more detail we have the better we will be able to advise.

If they are taking your DLA in charges then probably best for you to open a new basic account to have the DLA paid into and set up new direct debits from, then come to an arrangemnt with NW and RBS to pay off any overdraft at a rate you can afford. By putting the account in dispute you should be ale to get them to freeze any furhter charges and interest, although they don't always comply easily.

hi Sal

Dear WendyB,

Sorry for the inconveniences for a small print, As amy has replied earlier you can click on the documents and then click on the magnifying glass to make each doc readable.

Hi Amethyst,

I have been refused by NW under the financial hardship claim back in February09. I then put a claim under the small claim in my local county against both NW and RBS. NW received it and sent me I/E sheet to fill out which i did and sent away. but NW refused it once again saying that I have enough money coming in. Although, I live on DLA money and my bank NW some times takes the DLA money to recover their charges!

Similiarly RBS refused to refund any charges making their position clear once again after receiving a claim letter issued by a county courts against them (you have answered my query on RBS in the thread,Thnax).

Comment

Okay

To assess your situation fully to see if it is worth you fighting hardship we would need to see your IE and go through your circumstances.

You court claim will be put on hold as court do not deal with hardship - thats simply a banks/fsa waiver/ banking code issue as opposed to a legal issue.
                Originally posted by sal09 View Post
                Hi Amethyst,

I have been refused by NW under the financial hardship claim back in February09. I then put a claim under the small claim in my local county against both NW and RBS. NW received it and sent me I/E sheet to fill out which i did and sent away. but NW refused it once again saying that I have enough money coming in. Although, I live on DLA money and my bank NW some times takes the DLA money to recover their charges!

Similiarly RBS refused to refund any charges making their position clear once again after receiving a claim letter issued by a county courts against them (you have answered my query on RBS in the thread,Thnax).
                As per the above quoted messages, just because you have been turned down for hardship dosn't mean its finished. Ignore the court claim becuase all claims are beign stayed. Hardship is outside the claim and should be dealt with separately. Please either scan in your IE form or fill in a Beagles one I/E Sheets. Once we have more information we will be better placed to advise whether it's worth pursuing a harship claim or not.
                Last edited by Tools; 10th November 2009, 00:15:AM. Reason: broken links
                Is no longer here

Comment

nationwide IE Sheet
                  Last edited by Amethyst; 27th August 2009, 07:09:AM.

Comment

Sal, maybe I'm not making things clear here, or am being a bit thick, but at the moment we have said more than once that being refused for hardship is not the end of the game and may be able to pursue it, but we need more info. But you are simply repeating the same answer again and again. We understand what has happened so far. In order to help and see if there is anything we can do, please fill in the I/E form or scan in the one you have already filled in. Till we have more info we can't advise, and are just going round in circles.

If they are taking your benefits for chrges then open another acount to get them paid into.
                    Is no longer here

Comment

WendyB,

Sorry for the confusion over the I/E sheet. The one one I have uploaded was repeating myself, Although you 'd asked for it earlier. This was sent to the Nationwide and was rejected by them later.
                      Today,I am going to instruct the County courts for the Judgment to be sent out to the NW and RBS. So far, the both banks have not responded to the Courts claim against them, Instead one them sent out I/E(above) to me.!The Claim's14 days dealine has expired on 10/08/2009 and I think, I one step closer to a victory.
                      I need a bit of luck

Comment

Thanks Sal - I'll switch your sheet over to a cfs and see why they might have turned you down or if they are just being pigs. Ame xx
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Do you receive housing and council tax benefit / if so can you give me the amounts for those please - incoming and outgoing (even if they are the same) - do they go into your account before being paid to council and landlord ?

you have put petrol at £80 but nothing for car tax/maintenance/insurance ?

also a list of any creditors/debts you may have and any arrears.

And is it 1 or 2 children ? going on tax credits/child benefit I've gone on 2 for now.

Can you think of any other income may have gone into your account even temporarily that isnt on the sheet ?
                          my first thought is it may be housing/co tax benefit and the bank are being a bit thick in not realising it goes back out again but we do need to show it.

(ps nationwides IE sheet is rubbish and kinda explains why so many people get turned down by them!)

Draft IE attached.
                          Last edited by Amethyst; 27th August 2009, 08:05:AM.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by sal09
                            Today,I am going to instruct the County courts for the Judgment to be sent out to the NW and RBS.
                            don't do this.

they will get the claim/default judgment set aside and will end up being stayed regardless.

we can write to each of them and give them notice you will file for default judgment if they dont respond in seven days, then the default judgment is less likely to be set aside and might actually get you some money back. we'll also tell them you have updated your IE on taking advice nd explain your circumstances a bit more to encourage them to help.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Dear Amethyst,

Sorry for the late reply, you asked a few questions and I tried my best to answer these below:
                              The housing and council benefit paid directly to the council, that’s why I did not put any figure for that. Do you think, I should have added them on to the sheet?

Motabilty car covers me all the expenses except the petrol and I put £80 for my petrol as I have regular visits to the hospitals for various medical related reasons.

I filed bankruptcy in Oct2006 and currently all the accounts which I had difficulty repaying have been defaulted (regularly check my credit file)!

Have not taken any holidays since 2003. Simply, I can not afford it!

Recently, I have asked the courts to issue a default judgement as none of the lenders have defended the courts claim issue against them over the bank unfair charges. I will let you know as things progress.

I am a bit behind with the whole courts case due me being think and have not been able to put the right amount into the claim form for the default judgement. It came back as the amount did not match the original amount claimed. So I sent the default judgement form back this time and made sure that the amount is correct. I did not claim the 8% interest because I was told by the Courts staff that I should have put that in my original claim!! So, I am losing out on the interest. The courts staff are not allowed to give any advise and have been told I should go to see CAB if I need advise on interest on the charges. And as far as I remember, in initial claim I did mention that I want to claim 8% charges. I am in a process of getting the copies of my initial claim from the courts. The thing with these county courts is that staffs are over worked and it makes the whole process very slow!

For this month, I am charged once again by NW with £30. I have sent a request for an amendment and awaiting reply.

I am a bit lost here again and would value your opinion.
                              sorry for the long reply

Kind regards

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X