• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Oh British Gas, what are you playing at!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh British Gas, what are you playing at!?

Right, quick background:

Moved into my new house at end of October '06, Switched supply straight away from British Gas to Npower. All got moved over OK, Received final bill from BG for some small amount £2, been paying my bills to Npower ever since.

Yesterday, got a bill through my door from BG, saying I owe them a further £11 odd (yes I know it's not much, but it's the principle of the matter ) I fully intend to query this with them, as I believe I have a final bill from them. If I have, they've got no chance of getting paid (can't have two final bills )

I will check over the weekend whether I have this bill, but at the moment I have stuff everywhere, due to me having to empty our bedroom so the carpet fitters can put our new carpet down.

Any suggestions on how to proceed IF it turns out I don't have the bill? I'm sure they've already sent me a final bill, so if I don't have it, I guess an SAR might be the way forward, but I'm not sure if bills would be covered by the DPA.

Any thoughts?

Re: Oh British Gas, what are you playing at!?

Shame as sar will cost you £10 bill is £11 you still out of pocket , just moved do you realy want the new case

i woudl blag it send a letter saying you have already recieved a final bill and will now be sending your paperwork to the OFT.

Ive just done similar with TalkTalk actually got the letter in post today...sorry for not correcting this matter sooner and we now confirm your balance is zero lolol

Don't pay £10 try blag it first. they may resend the £2 bill you paid last time to confirm your status, then you have even more proof free.

Comment

I would also check your meter readings on your bills. You may find that the readings are different on the latest bill. If so you will actually owe BG but would not have been charged by Npower, hope you know what I mean lol .

Comment

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to this.....

Ok, if you had your final bill over a year ago then they cannot rebill you, the final bill is well, final, however..... If they have rebilled you from an estimated reading to a now actual bill, there is very little you can do about it if the bill is less than a year old, which it is, just. Is the new bill to an actual reading? if it is what is the source of the reading? have they rebilled you based on the new occupiers reading?

need more info mate...

And a SAR isnt really relevent, you can ask for copy bills at any time but do you need the notes etc? it seems like a waste of pennies to me.

Loulou
        Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
        For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
        And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X