• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Timetable For Tax Refund Claims Changing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timetable For Tax Refund Claims Changing

This was taken from a Chartered Accountants Web site.
    Timetable for tax refund claims is changing

14 August 2009
    HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) has issued a reminder that the dates for claiming back overpaid tax are changing.
    While many self-assessment taxpayers make a claim in the year in which their returns were submitted, some people can claim tax that stretches back into earlier years.
    Anyone wishing to do this, however, may need to file their claims sooner than anticipated. The reason is that the time limit for filing claims is being reduced from six to four years.
    HMRC has said that self-assessment taxpayers who have a claim for the year 2003/04 must submit the claim by 31 January 2010.
    Self-assessment taxpayers who have a claim for the year 2004/05 must submit the claim by 31 March 2010. While those who have a claim for the year 2005/06 must file by 5 April 2010.

Re: Timetable For Tax Refund Claims Changing

OOH, heck. I'd better check some of my past returns sharpish then.
    My Blog
    http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X