• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rent Arrears Repayment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rent Arrears Repayment

Well reply as we have said above, by requesting a breakdown of the debt etc.
    Is no longer here

Comment

I still have not heard back from the landlords solicitors regarding a breakdown of charges or any info on what has happened to my deposit, do I write to them again or wait their response. I am worried they might just go ahead and take me to court.

Please can you advise.

Regards,

Marshmallow
      xx

Comment

I would write to them again, asking why they have not responded to you and reiterate your request, attach your previous letter to it. Send the letter recorded deliver.

They can march you into court if they want but the judge would not be happy, they have not behaved in a fair and reasonable way with you and the fact that the deposit isn't being held properly will not go in their favour either.

They have to give you a breakdown they can not reasonably expect you to pay a number plucked out of thin air.

Would you like us to have a look at your income and expenditure sheet?
        Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
        Me VS Abbey Win
        BIL HSBC Credit Card
        BIL EGG
        BIL HSBC Loan
        BIL PPI Win

Comment

Thanks for replying I will send another letter to them. I have filled in an expense form which I will try and attach have alot of other debt so dont know what I could offer.

Thanks

Comment

Still have not received anything about the rent arrears yet wrote to them again yesterday.

XXXX

Marshmallow

I have done a thread for your charges with Natwest HERE
            Last edited by enaid; 8th September 2009, 10:22:AM.

Comment

:tinysmile_cry_t:Good Morning,

I have received a letter back from the LL solicitors still stating the same and they have told me to contact the letting agents in regards to the deposit paid.
              Last time I spoke to the letting agents they told me to contact the solicitors what do I do now? Please can someone give me a clue.

Regards,

Marshmallow:tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

You have the right to know where the deposit went and with whom.
                Please have a read of this info HERE I would, when you have your facts then write to both the solicitor and the Letting Agent informing them of your sons rights.

Comment

Enaid,

I already told them what should have been done and they have just blanked me and said speak to the letting agents. I shave just spoken to them and they have said they hold the deposit. I then said to her that no mention of where my deposit is and whats happening, she said she would contact the landlords solicitors.

regards,

Marshmallow

Comment

OK so the agents have the deposit? He has to formally request the deposit back, if they don't give it back or don't have it he will need to make an official complaint to ARLA about it.

I would complain to ARLA now, they are there to sort this out as an independent 3rd party which is now needed as they are not playing ball.
                    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                    Me VS Abbey Win
                    BIL HSBC Credit Card
                    BIL EGG
                    BIL HSBC Loan
                    BIL PPI Win

Comment

I have found out that my deposit has been held in a rent deposit scheme I have complained to the organisation which deals with disputes about 1 month ago, have heard nothing from them baring a letter from the landlords solicitors still awiating my response. What action can I take now or just sit and wait.

Please advise

Thanks

Marshmallow

Comment

I phone them and follow it up with another reminder letter about your deposit.

Comment

Hello Guys,

Today I telephoned the rent dispute scheme only to be told 6 month has elapsed and they cannot get involved and to get legal advise on what to do. I cannot afford to take anyone to court and plus the fact I was told the deposit was held in a rent deposit sheme, which one I don't know. No word from either parties landlord or agency as to the deposit, what do I do now I am not paying any money at present towards the rent arrears.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Marshmallow

Comment

Marshmallow I have flagged this up for someone more knowlegable than myself to take a look.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X