• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

eviction due to secured loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eviction due to secured loan

Due to my disability i am currently on oxygen waiting for a lung transplant. I have no arrears on my mortgage payments however unfortunately i am unable to pay the monthly payments on my secured loan i currently have with Black horse finance. They are aware of my severe health issue's however the only communication i receive from them is in the form of sheriff officers. I received a letter from them this morning informing me they will evict me from the property next week.

Can anyone please offer me some urgent advise!!!!

Re: eviction due to secured loan

Hi and welcome to Beagles.

Are you in Scotland? What has happened so far? Has this been to court? Sorry I'm not too up on the scottish system but am sure someone will be along soon to help.
    Is no longer here

Comment

Is there any PPI with the loan ?
      If so have you tried to claim on it?

Comment

No i don't have PPI, I did take out PPI when first took out the loan, however i had to cancel it due to my pre existing medical lung condition.
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Yes i am in scotland, it went to court while i was in hospital. I have only received correspondence through the sheriff officers recently. When I got out of hospital a few days ago there was a letter here to say i am getting evicted next week.
        Last edited by Brave Heart; 14th August 2009, 12:48:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Can you remember how long you paid the PPI for and what happened when you cancelled?
          Did they make you take out a new agreement?

Comment

I had PPI for the 1st year, Yes they did make me take out a new agreement.

Comment

If you were sold PPI while having a pre existing medical condition that they were aware of then you have been mis sold the PPI and can reclaim what you paid.

Comment

Are the court aware of your circumstances??

I assume a possession order has been granted?
                If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.
                Oscar Wilde

Comment

How long have you been in communication with the Sherrif Officer, and what has passed between you?, in other words are they aware of your circumstances ?

Comment

Just for info: Shelter Scotland - Eviction due to repossession

If this all went to court whilst you were in hospital and unable to defend yourself then you should be able to get it suspended for the moment - have you contacted Shelter ? they are really very good in these kind of cases. Call them 0808 800 4444.

Once you have spoken to them come and let us know whats happening.

If you can get it suspended and the chance to defend yourself there are other things you can do to stop them taking this action.
                    Last edited by Amethyst; 14th August 2009, 14:00:PM.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X