• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** SUCCESS ***Yet more charges - full refund hardship :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yet more charges

He has a separate work phone that they pay and we personally spend about 250 per month between us (on average) between my relatives and his relatives we spend alot of time driving up and down the country. I think we spend near 600 a month on fuel he does reclaim it but normally takes about 6-8 weeks to get it back
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Comment

I'm a numpty, my score is 266 (whoop) (just going back to what you said earlier as Tools mentioned I was a donkey brain on the phone for it lol)
      so hope that makes you feel a bit better lol.

Last edited by Amethyst; 29th August 2009, 17:14:PM.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

pmsl mine will be down there by the end of the month the one Ive post is july's so will have june's data in it.... july and august were messy so I assume my file will be very messy lolxxx

My Hardship Claim
        Me VS Abbey Win
        BIL HSBC Credit Card
        BIL EGG
        BIL HSBC Loan
        BIL PPI Win

Comment

the letter asked for reasons why we were cant make ends meet.....

Dear

Please find enclosed the Personal Financial statement and documentary evidence of our bills and arrears.

As stated in my previous letters I was made redundant in October 2009 and have been looking for work ever since this reduced our monthly income by £1200.

My partner and joint bank account holder has also taken a hit on his salary due to the economic climate, he has a base salary of £2617 which is normally supplemented every month by £1000 of commission and at the end of the quarter he usually earns an additional £2000-£4000, the credit crunch has stopped people buying and therefore he has not met his targets and has not been earning his monthly commission or his quarterly commission.

We have tried to budget as carefully as possible but with such a drastic cut in income we have found it nearly impossible, we have been spending on credit cards to buy food and to pay some of our bills. as you will know by looking at our account we have been financially hit even harder by nearly £700 worth of charges being taken by Natwest in the last two months alone. The first months worth of charges created a snowball effect where by we then bounced nearly all of our direct debits in the second month creating even more charges from Natwest. We were just about keeping our heads above water untill theses charges were applied to our account but now with even more charges due to be applied again this month we will not be able to pay our bills and next month we wont be able to pay our mortgage.

I strongly believe that these charges have had a direct and detrimental affect on our finances and have pushed us even further into hardship.

Regards

Moo

Can someone please check my spelling grammer and make suggestions? I'm just as bad at writing letters as I amat filling forms out!

My Hardship Claim
          Me VS Abbey Win
          BIL HSBC Credit Card
          BIL EGG
          BIL HSBC Loan
          BIL PPI Win

Comment

Your content of your letter is fine, I noticed the year was incorrect, so just change 2009 to 2008. Although I have not checked the grammer.

I perhaps would also add something like:- I belive that I should be considered under the current FSA waiver rules for hardship as I meet the criterea.

Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
            the letter asked for reasons why we were cant make ends meet.....

Dear

Please find enclosed the Personal Financial statement and documentary evidence of our bills and arrears.

As stated in my previous letters I was made redundant in October 2009 2008 and have been looking for work ever since this reduced our monthly income by £1200.

My partner and joint bank account holder has also taken a hit on his salary due to the economic climate, he has a base salary of £2617 which is normally supplemented every month by £1000 of commission and at the end of the quarter he usually earns an additional £2000-£4000, the credit crunch has stopped people buying and therefore he has not met his targets and has not been earning his monthly commission or his quarterly commission.

We have tried to budget as carefully as possible but with such a drastic cut in income we have found it nearly impossible, we have been spending on credit cards to buy food and to pay some of our bills. as you will know by looking at our account we have been financially hit even harder by nearly £700 worth of charges being taken by Natwest in the last two months alone. The first months worth of charges created a snowball effect where by we then bounced nearly all of our direct debits in the second month creating even more charges from Natwest. We were just about keeping our heads above water untill theses charges were applied to our account but now with even more charges due to be applied again this month we will not be able to pay our bills and next month we wont be able to pay our mortgage.

I strongly believe that these charges have had a direct and detrimental affect on our finances and have pushed us even further into hardship.

Regards

Moo

Can someone please check my spelling grammer and make suggestions? I'm just as bad at writing letters as I amat filling forms out!

Comment

Dear

As stated in my previous letters I was made redundant in October 2008 and have been looking for work ever since this reduced our monthly income by £1200.

I strongly believe that these charges have had a direct and detrimental affect on our finances and have pushed us even further into hardship. I have read the OFT Waiver regarding hardship and believe that I meet the criteria on the following basis.

*On the first count I have lost my job and my partner has taken a hit in his salary reducing our income by over 50%.

*We repeatedly have items being returned unpaid due to lack of funds.

*We have failed to meet our repayments on our credit cards and are now in arrears with our Gas, Electric, cat insurance, dental insurance, car insurance, HP on our sofa as well as our credit cards.

*We have asked all of our credit cards to increase our limits temporarily and we have asked Natwest several times to increase our overdraft to get us though this.

*The only cash we have access to is from our credit cards and we are now over the limit and in arrears on our credit cards as we had to buy food and pay some our smaller bills with them. We have also gone over our agreed overdraft with Natwest for the last two months in a row.

*The waiver states that £500 worth of charges in a year is indicative of financial hardship and as you are aware we have incurred nearly £700 worth of charges in two months.

My Hardship Claim
              Me VS Abbey Win
              BIL HSBC Credit Card
              BIL EGG
              BIL HSBC Loan
              BIL PPI Win

Comment

Dear

As stated in my previous letters I was made redundant in October 2008 and have been looking for work ever since this reduced our monthly income by £1200.

I strongly believe that these charges have had a direct and detrimental affect on our finances and have pushed us even further into hardship. I have read the OFT Waiver regarding hardship and believe that I meet the criteria on the following basis.

*On the first count I have lost my job and my partner has taken a hit in his salary reducing our income by over 50%.

*We have failed to meet our repayments on our credit cards and are now in arrears with our Gas, Electric, cat insurance, dental insurance, car insurance, HP on our sofa as well as our credit cards.

*We have asked all of our credit cards to increase our limits temporarily and we have asked Natwest several times to increase our overdraft to get us though this.

*The only cash we have access to is from our credit cards and we are now over the limit and in arrears on our credit cards as we had to buy food and pay some our smaller bills with them. We have also gone over our agreed overdraft with Natwest for the last two months in a row.

*The FSA waiver rules states that £500 worth of charges in a year is indicative of financial hardship and as you are aware we have incurred nearly £700 worth of charges in two months.
                I have added FSA and rules in the last paragraph.

Plus now tell them what you want them what you would like them to do, ie refund charges, increase your OD and by how much?

By the way have you done a spready of charges and are you including this, if you are, you need to state it within this letter.

Comment

Yes I was about to ask that as well. Do you have your other bank account open?
                  If so you should ask then for what would help you most. Do you want them to "freeze " the account? in other words you dont want to use it - but you do not want charges and interest to accrue?

I would be asking for that on top of asking for the charges to be returned. As you know they are not obliged to repay the charges and that is bound to be their first reply - but they are supposed to offer you assistance so it is best to be clear about what would really help you that is within their capabilities.

By the way careful if you have any DD for life assurance that they have cancelled as there may be policies that might lapse if you are not careful.And I can appreciate in your present circumstance the amount of post and letters to deal with must be overwhelming and it might be easy to miss something like that.
                  "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Im having problems with the spread sheet it keeps giving me errors...lol technology again

My Hardship Claim
                    Me VS Abbey Win
                    BIL HSBC Credit Card
                    BIL EGG
                    BIL HSBC Loan
                    BIL PPI Win

Comment

made a few changes

Dear

UNAUTHORISED OVERDRAFT CHARGES - FINANCIAL DIFFICULTY

Please find enclosed, as requested, my Personal Financial statement and documentary evidence of our outstanding debts and payment arrears.

As stated in my previous letters I was made redundant in October 2008 and have been looking for work ever since.

My partner has also taken a hit on his income due to the economic climate. His income consists of his basic salary of £2617, and this is normally supplemented every month by approximately £1000 of commission. At the end of each quarter he usually receives an additional £2000-£4000 in commission payments. The credit crunch has stopped people buying, resulting in targets not being met and commissions not being received.

This reduced our monthly income by between £1200 and £3000.

We have tried to budget as carefully as possible but with such a drastic cut in income we have found it nearly impossible, we have been spending on credit cards to buy food and to pay some of our bills.

As you will be aware from looking at our account the situation has not been helped by Natwest taking nearly £700 worth of charges in the last two months alone.

The first month's charges created a snowball effect whereby nearly all our Direct Debits in the second month were returned unpaid and has left us in a position from which we are unable to recover. We have tried to keep Natwest notified as to our situation and do not feel we have been treated sympathetically at all.

With even more charges, totalling approx £400, due to be applied again this month, we will not be able to meet our commitments and our mortgage will go unpaid.

I am aware of FSA Waiver regarding hardship and believe that I meet the criteria on the following basis.

*We have failed to meet our repayments on our credit cards and are now in arrears these as well as with our Gas, Electricity, Pet, Dental and Car insurance and HP commitments.

*We have asked all of our credit cards to increase our limits temporarily and we have contacted Natwest several times to request an increase in our overdraft to assist us during this difficult period.

*The only cash we have access to is from our credit cards and we are now over the limit and in arrears on there. We had to buy food and pay some of our smaller bills with them. We have also exceeded our agreed overdraft with Natwest for the last two months.

*The waiver states that £500 worth of charges in a year is indicative of financial hardship and as you are aware we have incurred nearly £700 worth of charges in just two months.

I have now been forced to open a seperate basic account with a different bank to receive our income as we just cannot afford to allow Natwest to take £400 a month from us. All bill payments, standing orders and direct debits have been cancelled and we would appreciate confirmation that this has been done properly on our account as soon as possible.

We would ask that as well as considering a refund of charges taken from us, you will considering putting a hold on future charges and interest on this account and allow us to repay the overdraft at an affordable monthly amount.

I look forward to your response.

Macho
                      xx

Last edited by Amethyst; 30th August 2009, 15:30:PM.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

oops bit slow sorry.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you girlies xxx Thank you for all the help I really appreciate it xxx:kiss:

I've just used an old spready from OTR which seems to work, charges to date are £664 then with 8% interest £671.77.

My Hardship Claim
                          Me VS Abbey Win
                          BIL HSBC Credit Card
                          BIL EGG
                          BIL HSBC Loan
                          BIL PPI Win

Comment

Some slight corrections:-

I strongly believe that these charges have had a direct and detrimental effect on our finances and have pushed us even further into hardship. I have read the OFT Waiver regarding hardship and believe that I meet the criteria on the following basis.
                            I have now been forced to open a sepArate basic account with a different bank to receive our income as we just cannot afford to allow Natwest to take £400 a month from us. All bill payments, standing orders and direct debits have been cancelled and we would appreciate confirmation that this has been done properly on our account as soon as possible.

Comment

Thank you Amy xxx

My Hardship Claim
                              Me VS Abbey Win
                              BIL HSBC Credit Card
                              BIL EGG
                              BIL HSBC Loan
                              BIL PPI Win

Comment

Right I am sending:

the letter
                                spreedsheet of charges
                                Financial statement
                                continuation sheet for section 8
                                Abbey National you owe us letter
                                Capital one default letter me
                                capital one default letter oh
                                capital one statement over the limit
                                Lloyds TSB credit card over the limit default letter
                                over due gas bill
                                overdue electric bill
                                overdue denplan
                                overdue petplan
                                overdue car insurance
                                overdue dfs
                                cancellation letters for denplan and pet plan due to non payment

OH was paid on 28th this month so I paid some of the bills via telephone, just checked online acc and we are already £85 over our overdraft limit and its not even the first of the month.....

From next month his salary get paid into our new acc, payroll couldn't do it in time for this month ...they need 3 weeks notice for changes !

My Hardship Claim
                                Me VS Abbey Win
                                BIL HSBC Credit Card
                                BIL EGG
                                BIL HSBC Loan
                                BIL PPI Win

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X