• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** SUCCESS ***Yet more charges - full refund hardship :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yet more charges

Flangies its always worth writing and asking for a refund of your charges but I doubt very much if they will do so.

You'll be better off getting a basic account and having your household bills paid from that and don't use the Nat West one anymore, you can then put it in dispute.

Lastly can you please start a new thread of your own in the Nat West forum, in order not to hijack Mocha's one, that way we can follow and help you along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Flangies View Post
      I been with NAtwest for approx 6 months now and already they will be charging me 2 lots of £38 for not quite having enough money to pay my mortgage.

I moved to them as Abbey were charging the earth; but bloody ell; not again with this bank lol.

I appreciate I didnt have the funds to pay these payments but £38 is tooooooooooo much. Is it worth sending the first letter to them? it will only be thrown out wont it/stayed I mean...........

Just better make sure I am in credit for sure in future...

I have a claim stayed with Abbey at court stage; and am fighting to claim me cap one credit charges back and am getting help from Budgie with the POC before putting to court.

It makes you sooooo angry that they charge so much!

Bar stewards!!!
      If it's the first occasion and you put money in shortly afterwards then argue that as soon as you were aware of the problem you corrected and see if they will refund any of it as a gesture of goodwill.
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
      Have applied to every single account known to man kind this morning so far no one has said yes, half told me to do one, other half said hmmm we will think about it.

Signed up to all of Shas's mystery shopping things (was already signed up to 2 of them 0

Wrote to Elec, Gas and Water saying in financial trouble I know I said I'd pay you at the end of the month that is now not likely to happen can I set up a payment plan of £10 a month

Do I need to add to it? (I hate writing letters) Will post it at 5

Natwest already cancelled all my DD's for me lol the joys of bouncing DD's mean they all get cancelled lol.

The rest of this week I'm manic busy, onsite tomorrow measuring up, then have to submit plans, proposal presentations and a billion other things by Friday for the Tennants meeting Monday morning just to make things harder my software has gone tits up and I have to do everything by hand......

Flangies, I will let someone else answer you I am struggling to help myself at the moment so nervous about advising anyone else IMO all banks are evil meanies and they enjoy charging you

Mocha, sorry I haven't really said much to you on your thread but I am keeping a silent watch and I hope you get this sorted.
      Last edited by natweststaffmember; 18th August 2009, 19:10:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Good luck with the shops Mocha & the charges x
        :beagle:My threads :- UCA (Amex) : Moorcroft (Goldfish) : Cabot : Marlins : Shas v A&L & the world : Capital One : Direct Legal Collections...Egg, CO : Nationwide : Co-Op

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Take note of the bit in red No head in sand hoping it will get better, do something about it ((((((((hug))))))))

bloody banks
          Nothing from Natwest yet but they did send me updated T&C.

Surprisingly in the post today I got an application pack for First Direct, all the other banks have ignored me so will fill it in smartish and get it off.

I haven't sent off CCA's as you said as I don't have any money to do that...:o L gets paid next Friday so will grab a few quid out of that as quick as possible before it all gets sucked away.
          Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
          Me VS Abbey Win
          BIL HSBC Credit Card
          BIL EGG
          BIL HSBC Loan
          BIL PPI Win

Comment

Re the account - go INTO a branch and ask to open a basic account - just say you dont have one of your own. don't do switching services or anything daft. just get something set up to take your income before these charges go out. took me 15 mins max in lloyds.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I'm not stupid, I went into town I tried to get BASIC accounts at 4 banks they all turned me away so I waited a few days and tried all the banks I could think of online so far the only one to respond is First Direct.

Doing this by myself with zero imput frpm OH is hard. I'm at a point where I might as well just file for bankrupcy and be done with it all.

My Hardship Claim
              Me VS Abbey Win
              BIL HSBC Credit Card
              BIL EGG
              BIL HSBC Loan
              BIL PPI Win

Comment

Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
                I'm not stupid, I went into town I tried to get BASIC accounts at 4 banks they all turned me away so I waited a few days and tried all the banks I could think of online so far the only one to respond is First Direct.

Doing this by myself with zero imput frpm OH is hard. I'm at a point where I might as well just file for bankrupcy and be done with it all.

No one thinks you are stupid for a minute. We also know it's hard when you are hard doing things for two on your own.
                did you try
                Halifax?
                Nationwide?
                Coop?
                HSBC?

Comment

Have you cancelled all the direct ddebits? and if the worst comes to the worst, open up a building society account and get your money paid in there, then withdraw it and pay bills at Paypoint.
                  Is no longer here

Comment

((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) for you hun, I've been there and got the T-shirt where it comes to doing things for 2 and getting no help, it was only when himself really saw that I was near to a breakdown that he got his head out from the sand and started to help.

I know its hard but have you asked him WHY he's not helping ?

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                      Have you cancelled all the direct ddebits? and if the worst comes to the worst, open up a building society account and get your money paid in there, then withdraw it and pay bills at Paypoint.
                      Natwest cancelled every direct debit that bounced . The only things left on DD is mortgage, council tax and the natwest loan.

No one thinks you are stupid for a minute. We also know it's hard when you are hard doing things for two on your own.
                      did you try
                      Halifax?
                      Nationwide?
                      Coop?
                      HSBC?
                      Yes

((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) for you hun, I've been there and got the T-shirt where it comes to doing things for 2 and getting no help, it was only when himself really saw that I was near to a breakdown that he got his head out from the sand and started to help.

I know its hard but have you asked him WHY he's not helping ?
                      Apparently screaming shouting and whinging about having no money is helping.

Being aggressive and having hissy fits when he goes to the shop and the cards dont work is also helping

Throwing thing round the office and getting so angry I think he's about to have a heart attack is apparently also helping.

My Hardship Claim
                      Me VS Abbey Win
                      BIL HSBC Credit Card
                      BIL EGG
                      BIL HSBC Loan
                      BIL PPI Win

Comment

FFS typical bloke then. Tell him to grow up and get a flaming life, because if he doesn't pretty soon, well you know the rest hun, it'll be you that will get ill with all the worry.

Just as an aside, who's name is everything in ? his, yours or both ?

Comment

Hi

Sorry to hear things are still bad for you. I know Nov seems a long way off but if the mortgage goes down and you get your part time job how much will that help? Under the mortgage protocol lenders have been asked to consider a " break " in payments if that helps. As we have said before the CC etc are bottom of the pile at the moment . Have any of them agreed to freeze interest at all?

I know it must be difficult as when one of you is working you dont get all the benefits and help that others do.

will you not get any help with mortgage interest? When my husband lost his job and I was working part time we did get some help - but that was a long time ago.
                          "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Have we gone down the route of unenforceability on the loan yet?(is that long word spelt right?)
                            Can you get council tax payment card to pay them or does it have to be by Direct Debit?
                            Worth speaking to mortgage provider and state you are struggling?
                            Last edited by natweststaffmember; 21st August 2009, 19:52:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
                              Have we gone down the route of unenforceability on the loan yet?(is that long word spelt right?) Would rather pay my debts even if slower than they would like, besides can't afford CCA
                              Can you get council tax payment card to pay them or does it have to be by Direct Debit? cheaper by DD
                              Worth speaking to mortgage provider and state you are struggling?
                              they were not overly helpfull

Cant go for the interest gov deal as my mortgage company isn't participating

My Hardship Claim
                              Me VS Abbey Win
                              BIL HSBC Credit Card
                              BIL EGG
                              BIL HSBC Loan
                              BIL PPI Win

Comment

C tax might be cheaper by dd but if the bank nicks all your income aginst your overdraft then the dd will bounce anyway so that will cost you more, cos they'll chuck the charge on straight away. Might be better to pay the council tax at a paypoint or the neighbourhood office. And divert your income to somewhere else as soon as you cn. I know I am harping on about this but you really need to do it. The first time wil be a big benefit cos yy will have all your money and it won't be able to get swallowed up in overdraftsand charges. It doesn't have to be a bank account, it can be paid into a building society account.

Just trying to help. (((((HUGS))))))
                                Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X