• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbour's dog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbour's dog

Neighbour's dog keeps getting into my garden, fouling and trampling on flower beds. Spoke to neighbour several times, keep getting fobbed off. Neighbour's child said something that would suggest they might even be letting their dog in on purpose sometimes. Think landlord is housing association. Any suggestions? I have taken (dated) photos of the dog in my garden. I don't want to go down the ASBO line but not putting up with it anymore. Reasoning has had it's day since a new boyfriend moved in next door. zeitgit.
    Last edited by zeitgit; 30th July 2009, 21:00:PM. Reason: grammar

Re: Neighbour's dog

I know the feeling - we have a dog of our own and know our responsibilities - but our neighbours dog is always escaping and coming over our house. The other day I took it in for two hours and do you know they did not even know it was missing. I think it is sad , it will get run over soon.
    "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Phone the Housing assocation and make a complaint, and also tell them to erect a fence (if you want, but you may have to go halves depending on the boundaries)

Comment

How does the dog get into your garden? Is there secure fencing etc? I have 3 dogs myself and know my responsibilities, but you'd be surprised how many uncaring dog owners there are.
        Is no longer here

Comment

Facing your house, you have the resposibility to maintain and the up keep of the fences on your right, If the fence in question is your neighbours responsibility, it is their fence, complain to the relevant Authority, but do not blame the dog for your neighbours, loutish behaviour, as the dog is only following the limitations and training provided, and a call to the dog warden, it may help the dog get better owners.

Comment

The fences you are responsible are shown on the deeds to your house usually indicated by a 'T' with the leg pointing to whose responsibilty.

All our fences are joint responsibilty on all sides

Comment

Any idea how I can find out which Housing Association owns the property? I contacted a couple of well-known ones in this area, but it's not theirs. Not sure where to go from here. Thanks.
              zeitgit

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X