• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CFS Advice Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFS Advice Please

I started a claim with HBOS last week under the financial hardship waiver, they have replied with the standard letter asking me to complete a CFS. I have looked through this and it seems to be relatively straight forward. however they recommend that you take expert advice before completing it. Is this really necessary or would i be jeapordising my claim if i completed the CFS myself?

thanks for reading

Re: CFS Advice Please

Hi and welcome to Beagles.

Have a read here Legal Beagles - View Single Post - Income Expenditure / Budgeting Guidelines for hardship claims for help completing the CFS sheet, I think Amethyst mentioned that the figures have been revised recently to take into account increases to the cost of living so I will ask, but that post will give you a good idea to start with.

If you need any more help just shout.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Hi Coldfingers,
      yes it should be quite straightforward but i would do a 'practise' run before completing the actual form and get someone to go through it with you. if you have a scanner I could go through your cfs sheet for you and check its all okay using the formal version we have.

otherwise if you feel there are any specific areas you arent sure of just ask on here and we'll give you a hand.

Ame
      xx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

thanks amethyst and tools for your quick replies. I'll start working on it this evening using your links, and then it would be great if you could check through it for me amethyst

Comment

No worries, be honest, and don't try and trim anything down, or exagerate anything. We can shift things to different boxes if need be. We'll also be very honest as to whether you have a chance of getting deemed in hardship.

And if you can list your non priority and priority debts and arrears with the company names that would be very helpful too
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

As Ame says, include everything, even if you owe the window cleaner 3 weeks money. Be 100% honest and accurate, then if need be things can be adjusted from there.
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Hi! Sorry it has taken me so long to do this, had to beg the use of a scanner, lol.

A couple of things that i wasn't sure of:
              in other debts i have put BOS mastercard, i currently pay the minimum payment which obviously fluctuates so what do i put in the payment column?

Also in other debts i have Next store card, i usually also pay the minimum payment for this but it is currently in arrears (£128), what should i put as the payment for that as i have not got an arrangement with them?

I have put down car insurance and aa membership, they are both paid in monthly installments but i am currently 1 month in arrears with each. How do i list that?

finally i have an overdraft of £2200 (just noticed that i have written it wrong on the CFS) I don't have any arrangements in place to pay it off at the moment, but obviously it has to be paid eventually. Do i put this on the CFS or leave it off?

Please let me know if you need further info.
              thanks in advance.

Comment

I forgot to add that since i sent them the initial letter a further £400 of charges have been added to my account. Do i need to inform them of this?

Comment

Hi Coldfingers, sorry I missed you had posted your IE sheet up, will take a look through it now
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks Amethyst, I appreciate it

Comment

I have emailed you a rough draft of your cfs data however we do need to know how many adults and children are in the household and the childrens ages (i.e under or over 14)

Have the £400 charges increased the amount owed on the overdraft?

Could you look at the attached sheet and give a better breakdown of your IE, for example which benefits, and split up how you have calculated your total household outgoings, car insurance etc and "others".

Comment

Hi, thanks for your help so far. The further details that you requested are:
                        • The household consists of 1 adult, and one child who is 8 years old
                        • The overdraft currently stands at £2332.22
                        • The benefits listed are tax credits at £122.14 per week
                        • Travel is £130 pm petrol, £37 pm insurance, £20 pm AA membership, £10 pm tax, and £10 pm misc (car wash, screen wash etc)
                        • Housekeeping is £161 pm cigarettes and £143 pm food - thinking about it i think this is rather low, it is probably more like £210
                        • Children is £229 pm childcare and £30 pm misc things that he may need
                        • Other is £6 pm for subscription to AAT (professional body), £9 pm subscription to an online game that i play, and the remainder an allowance towards clothing and shoes
                        Last edited by Coldfingers; 11th August 2009, 18:08:PM. Reason: typo

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X