• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

quick urgent question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick urgent question

A friend is under a suspended possession order .As far a s I know they have been to court once and got suspended order for two months as the house was for sale.

They have a buyer but the two months is up this weekend. I have said they must try and appeal to the lender to not take possession. They do not have an exchange or completion date.

I have suggested a recorded letter to the lender confiming sale still going through and asking for more time - and also asking court for another quick hearing for more time. I guess they could ask the agent for some kind of letter to confim where the sale is at?

Any other suggestions?
    "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Re: quick urgent question

Originally posted by scoobydoo View Post
    A friend is under a suspended possession order .As far a s I know they have been to court once and got suspended order for two months as the house was for sale.

They have a buyer but the two months is up this weekend. I have said they must try and appeal to the lender to not take possession. They do not have an exchange or completion date.

I have suggested a recorded letter to the lender confiming sale still going through and asking for more time - and also asking court for another quick hearing for more time. I guess they could ask the agent for some kind of letter to confim where the sale is at?

Any other suggestions?
    Good idea to send a recorded delivery letter to the lender advising them that a sale is in progress and request extra time.

Just my thoughts, is is it worth getting them to go back to court for an extension of that order say for 3 months to alow for the sale to proceed smoothly.

Comment

I would suggest the filing of an N244 at court requesting a further hearing.

Comment

Possession is not automatic, despite the expiration of a suspended order. The lender would have to take action and will still need to obtain an eviction warrant, although this can be done without the need for a further hearing. Even at that stage, it is still possible to stop an eviction warrant, in particular if the house is for sale and a buyer has been found.

Comment

I am getting some further info about what the suspended order said and suggested they get something in writing from the selling agent about the status of the sale and the buyer

I will get them to download the N244 to request a further hearing .

I will find out about the eviction warrant .They live in Devon and I have not got all the fact yet.
          "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

Comment

They will only need to use an N244 to request a hearing if the lender goes for an eviction warrant, which can be done without the need for a hearing, but the lenders do have to apply to the court in order that the warrant is issued.

At this point, should they wish to contest the eviction, they will need to apply for a hearing, using the N244.

Comment

I think the reason that they think they will be out on Monday is that they have just given up and think that they might as well let the lender take possession.

I have put them right on that as I always think it is important to try and keep control of the sale price and costs if at all possible. Also I dont think they realise the lender can chase them for any monies due for the next 12 years.

Apparently the borrower is owed some money on a building job which would in fact pay the arrears - but that is subject to a court case as well and I dont think they can last that long.

As soon as I have any more facts I will post if necessary.

Thanks for help so far.

Comment

Originally posted by scoobydoo View Post

Apparently the borrower is owed some money on a building job which would in fact pay the arrears - but that is subject to a court case as well and I dont think they can last that long.

As soon as I have any more facts I will post if necessary.

Thanks for help so far.
                This could help, depending on the reason that the money has not been paid and what the chances are of getting paid.

Comment

They have managed to get a weeks extension to try and exchange .

Fingers crossed

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X