• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cineworld Online Transaction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cineworld Online Transaction

Hi there,

I bought two gift vouchers for unlimited access at www.cineworld.co.uk as a present for my daughter and her partnet, however, the vouchers have never arrived. I called Cineworld who informed me that because they were delivered 1st class that there was nothing they could do and that I could call their Customer Services Dept but they didn't think there was anything they could do either. I contacted their Customer Service Dept who repeated what the previous lady said and when I threatened legal action, afterall they have my money but I have no evidence they ever posted these vouchers, the lady said she'd get her manager to call me back.

After 15 minutes the manager called and repeated what the previous two ladies had said. I asked her to provide me with evidence that the vouchers had been posted, she said she had evidence but when I quizzed her further as to whether she had something from the post office, she tried to change the subject, basically they only had their own paperwork stating the vouchers were posted but nothing from the post office to say that "mine" were definately posted. After some toing and froing and my promising to write to every newspaper company they advertise in to inform them of the situation, the manager said she would put a notice on my account stating that they would not dispute if my CC issuer asked for the money back, so at least that's better than being told I wouldn't get the money at all.

I contacted my credit card issuer but they are only open during the day, so will have to call back in the morning.

What I would like to know is, how long is it likely to take for my credit card company to return the money to my account and can I ask for compensation?

Thanks in advance.

Skye

Re: Cineworld Online Transaction

The answer is NO from the credit card company but you would have to put it in writing to cineworld.

Comment

Re: Cineworld Online Transaction

Frankly I am surprised that they did not offer to cancel/void the gift vouchers allegedly sent to you and then replace them with two others. How simple would that have been and everyone would have been happy. Shows how much customer service has taken a nose dive when companies such as this should be doing all they can to promote themselves in the current economic climate.

Maybe telephone them tomorrow and suggest this to them? If you do, please let us know how you get on.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X