• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

my bank is playing games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my bank is playing games

Hi all,

we started our claim for charges in july last year (£3500) got usual reply "test case charges on hold" no problem prepaird to wait, then lost my job twice in 7 months first time lost approx £5000 plus court fees as firm went bust after i won unfair dismisal case, to cut a long story short we lost our house amongst other things then claimed under finaical hardship offerd £200 good will!
    cant pay rent lots of arears etc this is my banks response
    downgrade account canceled all d/d etc . then removed a transaction from our statement, as we use online banking,and then charged us,
    wont sort out anything over phone . told us to go into branch to sort any problems out. then told us by letter that we are confusing bank fees with bank charges, as we complained that they shudnt be taking charges out of our benefit. so make sure your termination is right. they are due to look at our case again 4th july, as we turned down 200 quid they have to use the 30 day rule before they can look at our case again. bla bla bla.

Re: my bank is playing games

Originally posted by pross26 View Post
    Hi all,

we started our claim for charges in july last year (£3500) got usual reply "test case charges on hold" no problem prepaird to wait, then lost my job twice in 7 months first time lost approx £5000 plus court fees as firm went bust after i won unfair dismisal case, to cut a long story short we lost our house amongst other things then claimed under finaical hardship offerd £200 good will!
    cant pay rent lots of arears etc this is my banks response
    downgrade account canceled all d/d etc . then removed a transaction from our statement, as we use online banking,and then charged us,
    wont sort out anything over phone . told us to go into branch to sort any problems out. then told us by letter that we are confusing bank fees with bank charges, as we complained that they shudnt be taking charges out of our benefit. so make sure your termination is right. they are due to look at our case again 4th july, as we turned down 200 quid they have to use the 30 day rule before they can look at our case again. bla bla bla.
    Firstly, a warm welcome to Legal Beagles.
    I have a few questions, have you claimed back charges since July 2001?
    Why did you reject the £200?
    Did you complete an income and expenditure form with the bank?
    What type of account do you have and which bank is it?

Comment

Thanks for you speedy reply,

Yes we are claiming for charges since 2001, we had done our budget with cccs and we have a monthly short fall of over £600 and £200 didnt cover the urgent payments and we didnt reject we just asked them for more as it was a good will gesture and we had heard that they reviewed cases every 3 months, we had a plus account with the HSBC. we have completed 2 income and expenditure forms with the bank and they have agreed that we have this shortfall, since that they seem to have become awkward towards us.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for you speedy reply,

Yes we are claiming for charges since 2001, we had done our budget with cccs and we have a monthly short fall of over £600 and £200 didnt cover the urgent payments and we didnt reject we just asked them for more as it was a good will gesture and we had heard that they reviewed cases every 3 months, we had a plus account with the HSBC. we have completed 2 income and expenditure forms with the bank and they have agreed that we have this shortfall, since that they seem to have become awkward towards us.

Thanks
        OK, the way I would argue the case is to firstly state how the shortfall occurred, ie loss of job etc,etc. Furthermore, I would then go through and explain how the charges took money out of your income and the affect this had on your priority creditors(mortgage/rent, council tax, utilities). Then state how much the charges are in total and this is merely the way I would do this, add up the priority debt arrears and if you are over the overdraft how much it would take to go under that by say £100. That is what I would ask for and a suspension of charges for say 3 months to allow you to budget without the need to factor in bank charges. See if that approach works.

Comment

Once again thanks,

been told they will speak to us again on the 4th July so will give it ago and keep you all posted Ps does anyone know how we stand with the bank removing things from our statement (reversal of D/D ) as if the transaction didnt take place but then trying to charge us for it (£25)

Thanks beagles newbie

Comment

Once again thanks,

been told they will speak to us again on the 4th July so will give it ago and keep you all posted Ps does anyone know how we stand with the bank removing things from our statement (reversal of D/D ) as if the transaction didnt take place but then trying to charge us for it (£25)

Thanks beagles newbie
            End of day banking working on start of day figures not taking into account of any money paid in on the same day, that sort of thing?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X