• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Business Bank Account Charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Bank Account Charges

Hi,

I am a sole trader. I have incurred in the region of £10000 of bank charges relating to returned payments in the last few years.

I am currently under a lot of business debt, mainly HMCE. This money would be very useful.

Do the rules that are currently being applied to personel accounts also apply to sole trader accounts?

Cheers

Re: Business Bank Account Charges

Which bank are you with?

Comment

It's complicated. HSBC, but when they cancelled my £20K OD I had to swiftly open one with Barclays. I've incurred charges with both banks

Comment

For barclays you are gonna have to read this thread:
        That Salford Business Claim - Sweeney v Barclays - Legal Beagles

Comment

Simple answer is you can take a business charges claim/complaint on a sole trader account through the banks complaints procedure and to the Financial ombudsman.

We are not recommending anyone takes a business claim into court.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Turnover View Post
            It's complicated. HSBC, but when they cancelled my £20K OD I had to swiftly open one with Barclays. I've incurred charges with both banks
            Hi Turnover

I completey comiserate with you, my o/h was forced to change his business bank account also from HSBC and managed to get an account with Barclays.

The charges are so high this month he has gone absolutely mad. More charges with them than he ever had with HSBC. He is currently talking to his business manager and hopefully he will help if not I will have a very very unhappy hubby.

Tuttsi

Comment

Hi,

Yes the charges for accounts are getting worse. With Barclays this month the charges are £550. £300 was for paid referrals.

I get the feeling that they are trying to get as much money from small business atm.

Cheers

Comment

Just to say that my o/h talked with his business account manager at Barclays and he reversed the whole months charges which were over a grand on that particular month before they his his account. Whatever you do do not put your head in the sand, there is always some other way forward.

Have you tried talking to your account manager and was he or she helpful?

I agree the charging regime on business bank charges is getting really bad.

When you work hard as you do 90 hours a week like my hubby and you end up working to pay Barclays charges it is not good.

Tuttsi

Comment

we are having fun & games with Barclays as well £1000 last month. we are a limited company who has been attacked by ex staff and breaking every law under the sun & still we are powerless to do anything.
                  Can we claim ??

Comment

Can you prove that you're being attacking by an ex-staff member ?

Comment

I have a large amount of charges on an account, which is nominally a business account, but which I use for personal expenditure. Would the fact that it is named as a business account prevent me from taking the bank to court to reclaim charges?

Comment

Originally posted by dyfrigj View Post
                        I have a large amount of charges on an account, which is nominally a business account, but which I use for personal expenditure. Would the fact that it is named as a business account prevent me from taking the bank to court to reclaim charges?
                        You can take it to court if you want to, but it is NOT what is being recommended by this site at the moment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X