• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

non delivery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non delivery

I gave my hubby money to order a guitar thru a reputable company online in march.
    He was told delivery would be 7-10 days.....
    We communicated by e-mail and were told they had to get it shipped from abroad and then it had to clear customs etc, then we got told it had been shipped in may and we shoudl get it in 10days but we aint got it yet.
    My hubby finaly phoned them today and they still sayin they waitin on it bein delivered to them. My hubby has said he will give them another week and then he wants refund coz its available on other sites to be delivered within 5 workin days by insured parcel delivery.
    Can anyone advise on this..... thanx

Re: non delivery

Hiya we have a small freight forwarding and courier company and deal with most of the major shippers.

You need to ask them for the name of the shipping company and ask for a tracking number, then if you get those details and post them on here, if its one of the companies I deal with then I'll take a look and see where your parcel is, but without the shippers name and tracking number then there's nothing we can do.
    If they can't give you the details then demand your money back, how did you pay, card, cheque, BACS, cash ?????

Comment

If you are going down the route of trying to get your money back then you need to write to them telling them that 'time is now of the essence' and that if they do not deliver the product within a reasonable time frame (id give them 7 days) then you want your money back.

As i recall if you paid by CC they are not supposed to take the money until the goods are shipped to you. If they have then there may be redress there, plus of course you can always speak to your cc company if they do not come up with the goods/money.

JMHO

Glenn

Comment

hubby paid by debit card which means they have been paud fot the item.
        The item was oredered on 9th March and was meant to bed elivered within 7-10 days....may I also add that they still have it on their website as bein delivered with the same time scale.
        Anyways, after numerous e-mails, they told steve in april then may it had been despated from china and should be witht hem within that week, on both occassions and then they would send it out to steve within 48hrs
        More e-mails in may with promises and hubby spoke to them and told them he was givin them another week then he wants refund coz it available on other sites. They didnt answer.
        Yesterday he asked for trackin number etc and they now not answerin again so we dont know wat to do....Any advice much appreciated

Comment

seems to me thay have had more than enough time and opportunity, id write formally to them as i said above and if they dont come through take them to small claim court .

JMHO

Glenn

Comment

Was it a VISA debit card?

Comment

no it was normal debit card..... They took money from account straight away.
              We requested the info asked for above and they not responding so we wrote letter sayin they had 7 days to reply and they not replyin at all now.
              Wat should we do now?....This is so frustratin because they still advertising same guitar on 7-10 day delivery and I phoned up as new customer and they said they have them in stock so how can they do this..... Why aint they answerin us wen they already been paid for the item?......Help please

Comment

There are Maestro (previously Switch), Solo, Visa Debit (previously Visa Delta) and Visa Electron - which type of Debit Card was it?

Comment

Assuming the route Cetelco is going down doesn't work, I would now send them a letter which cancels your order forthwith and a demand for payment of the entire price paid immediately. State in the letter that if payment is not received within 7 days (give them 9 days from when you post the letter) that you will refer the matter to the small claims court without further reference to them.

Then, without any shadow of a doubt, I would raise a claim in the County Court.

Tom
                  I will not provide support by Private Message under any circumstances. This is for your protection and mine. Any advice I give is my own opinion and carries no legal weight. Check it before you use it!
                  Over £1200 claimed in several actions against several organisations.

Comment

It was visa electron that we used... The money was out our account next mornin.

I will try type up letter this weekend then...thanx for all help...much apprciated

Comment

All VISA cards are covered by the VISA Chargeback scheme.

Contact your card issuer and request a Chargeback form unless you made the transaction on either the 1st, 2nd or 3rd of March. Any later and you will be fine. The VISA Chargeback scheme has a time limit of 120 days and you must make your claim within that period.

Visa Chargeback is a process that allows you to reverse a transaction if you are unhappy with the item received, or if the item you have ordered does not arrive, or if your Visa debit card has been used fraudulently.

Chargeback is part of the Visa Scheme Rules, which participating banks subscribe to. It applies to all Visa debit cards and also covers prepaid Visa cards and Visa Electron purchases.

Telephone your card issuing bank and ask for a Visa Chargeback form. If the person you speak to does not know what that is, ask to speak to a supervisor and then repeat your request for a Visa Chargeback form. Once you have been sent the form you complete it and make a claim against the sellers bank for the return of your money.

Comment

What do you mean by 'reputable company' as you've posted nothing libelous can you tell us who it is?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X